Truthfully, the best way to save money on Volkswagen Jetta insurance is to compare quotes once a year from providers in Oklahoma City. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like multiple speeding tickets and a poor credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover information to help prevent expensive coverage and earn larger discounts.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Jetta insurance in Oklahoma City. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
It's hard to fathom, but almost 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Oklahoma could cut their rates by roughly $550 a year by just comparing quotes, but they think it's difficult to compare other rate quotes.
If you're already insured or just want cheaper coverage, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay without having to cut coverage. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Oklahoma City is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Consumers just need to use the quickest way to compare prices from many companies at once.
Earn discounts on Oklahoma City insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked about before being credited.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident before your rates go up as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- Good Student - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Oklahoma City auto insurance quote.
- Good Drivers - Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if it's offered in school.
- Multi-car Discount - Having primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic.
The example below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Jetta insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including renewal discount, driver training, safe driver, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, anti-theft, good driver, and passive restraint.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including early signing, anti-lock brakes, 55 and retired, EZ pay plan discount, and premier discount.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for accident-free, family plan, anti-theft, easy pay, good student, Farm Bureau membership, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver
It's a good idea to ask every company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available everywhere. To view providers with significant discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Finding Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Oklahoma City
Reducing your insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes to discover which company has the cheapest Volkswagen Jetta rate quotes.
Comparing price quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to actually drive to local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless your situation requires the advice and guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Drivers can find lower rates online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The table displayed below covers estimates of insurance costs for Volkswagen Jetta models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance quotes are figured can be useful when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$422||$542||$32||$162||$1,368||$114|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$210||$422||$462||$28||$138||$1,260||$105|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$422||$542||$32||$162||$1,368||$114|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$498||$542||$32||$162||$1,470||$123|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$236||$498||$462||$28||$138||$1,362||$114|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$498||$542||$32||$162||$1,470||$123|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$498||$542||$32||$162||$1,470||$123|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$236||$498||$462||$28||$138||$1,362||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase insurance rates considerably.
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates for each age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Impact of age and gender on car insurance rates
The information below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Volkswagen Jetta liability rates compared to full coverage
The information below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no clear-cut rule of when to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Volkswagen Jetta book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven't paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
The Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Rate Equation
Lots of factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but others are less obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in better auto insurance rates.
Tickets are costly - Getting just one driving citation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Attentive drivers get better prices than bad drivers. People who have careless violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can affect Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Drivers with high credit save on auto insurance - Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit history is low, you could save money insuring your Volkswagen Jetta if you clean up your credit. People with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit ratings.
Driver age impacts costs - Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when driving with friends therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Lower prices with alarms and GPS tracking - Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Remove unneeded extra policy coverages - Policies have extra add-on coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if they're wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Car plus home equals more savings - The majority of auto insurance companies allow discounts for people that buy multiple policies. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you already get this discount, it's in your best interest to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
Claims statistics for a Volkswagen Jetta - Insurance companies analyze the history of losses when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below outlines the loss history for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Volkswagen Jetta Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Jetta 110 118 93 113 123 127 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid 128 121 114 104BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you might need an agent's assistance.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Oklahoma City?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Compare prices but buy from a local Oklahoma City insurance agency
A lot of people would rather sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agencies is still important in Oklahoma City.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is emailed to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Oklahoma City for you
When searching for a local Oklahoma City insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it's important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a small list of independent agencies in Oklahoma City who may be able to give you pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide other company's prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are exclusive agencies in Oklahoma City who can help you get comparison quotes.
Picking the best auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What companies can they write with?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
Choosing the best Jetta insurance in Oklahoma is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Oklahoma City, insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your Volkswagen. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $810 a year so compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Don't give up on cheaper rates
Low-cost Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Oklahoma City is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, policy non-renewal or poor customer service. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just showed you some good ideas how to reduce Volkswagen Jetta insurance prices online in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
More detailed insurance information is available at these sites:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)