The recommended way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in Oklahoma. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Read about policy coverages and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for information to keep prices down and get bigger discounts.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s hard to believe, but over 70% of Oklahoma drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. U.S. insurance shoppers could save about $850 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Best companies for Toyota Camry insurance
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Insurance coverage details
The information below highlights a range of insurance prices for Toyota Camry models. Having insight into how premiums are calculated can help drivers make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific Oklahoma City garaging location which can increase or decrease insurance rates substantially.
Driving violations and accidents
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents can affect Toyota Camry auto insurance rates for different age groups. Data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Save money with these rate reducing discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay less in comparison to bad drivers.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data submission to monitor where and when they drive by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Online Discount – A handful of larger companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on your computer.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current Camry insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Camry insurance in Oklahoma City.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Toyota Camry car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that have these discounts possibly include:
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply everywhere. To view car insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Oklahoma City, click this link.
Learn How to Buy Insurance More Affordably
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, but some are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven. It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Females tend to take less risk – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Men and women are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
The chart below shows the difference between Toyota Camry yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Where you live is a factor – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densely populated areas have more road rage incidents and more severe claims. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Lots of insurers apply a discount to buyers who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
Lower rates come with age – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations. Young drivers are known to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Decrease insurance rates by maintaining coverage – Not maintaining insurance is illegal and companies may charge more for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Oklahoma motor vehicle department.
Claims statistics for a Toyota Camry – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure.
The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Toyota Camry vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Toyota Camry Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Toyota Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Camry 110 94 102 148 145 107 Toyota Camry Hybrid 124 100 110 118 127 96BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and choosing coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Local Oklahoma City insurance agencies
Many people would rather talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agencies is definitely important in Oklahoma City.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you directly. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of Oklahoma City car insurance agents
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Oklahoma City agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in Oklahoma City that may be able to give price quote information.
- Courtesy Insurance Agency
324 W Hefner Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73114 – (405) 755-4571 – View Map
- Shelton Agency
6401 NW Expressway # 100B – Oklahoma City, OK 73132 – (405) 384-1518 – View Map
- Paul W. Meade Insurance Agency, Inc.
4220 N Classen Blvd – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 524-1541 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Oklahoma City that are able to give price quotes.
- Chuck Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
9315 S Pennsylvania Ave b – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 378-8008 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Gerald Jeter
11723 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 692-2411 – View Map
- State Farm: Vicky Richey Insurance Agency Inc
8601 S Walker Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 635-0677 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Oklahoma City, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- If they are an independent agency in Oklahoma City, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
Oklahoma car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from a highly-rated car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Oklahoma. The company ratings shown next can help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Cheap rates are available
When getting Oklahoma City car insurance quotes online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
There are still a few companies who do not provide price quotes online and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Cheaper insurance in Oklahoma City can be sourced on the web in addition to many Oklahoma City insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)