It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates are highly likely to switch insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that drivers who routinely shopped around saved over $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best price on auto insurance in Oklahoma City is your objective, learning the best way to shop and compare auto insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
The most effective way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in Oklahoma.
- First, take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding and a low credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides the details to help prevent expensive coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
We hope to teach you a little about how to compare rates easily and how you can save the most money. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will surely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the ideas covered in this article. But Oklahoma car owners need to have an understanding of how insurance companies charge you for coverage and use it to your advantage.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better auto insurance rates. Lots of things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more obscure such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Never let your auto insurance lapse – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse can be a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Oklahoma motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Your employer may affect premiums – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as judges, architects, and dentists tend to have higher average rates because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs such as professors, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Use but don’t abuse your insurance – Insurance companies in Oklahoma provide better rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Premiums go up with performance – The type of car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Small economy passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates will increase your chances of finding a better price.
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Even though Oklahoma City Forenza insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Suzuki for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Oklahoma City overpays as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Get cheaper Suzuki Forenza insurance rates in Oklahoma City
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on auto insurance.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a course teaching driver safety skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive shop Oklahoma City car insurance on your computer.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Forenza insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Forenza can get you a discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger companies have a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, defensive driver, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- Travelers offers discounts for continuous insurance, home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, save driver, early quote, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide has discounts for Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, good student, multi-policy, business or organization, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for teen driver, business and professional, homeowner, early shopping, alternative fuel, multi-car, and good student.
- Esurance discounts include defensive driver, paid-in-full, emergency road assistance, good driver, DriveSense, and safety device.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for multi-car, good driver, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, and multi-policy.
When getting free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your state. To find insurance companies with the best discounts in Oklahoma, click this link.
When should I have guidance from an agent?
A lot of people just want to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing rates online is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is especially important in Oklahoma City.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Oklahoma City who want to provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can find better rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents in Oklahoma City are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you check rates from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Oklahoma City that may be able to provide pricing information.
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are Oklahoma City exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Mike Earles – State Farm Insurance Agent
12220 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 691-1115 – View Map
Charles Reagan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5001 N Pennsylvania Ave #305 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 840-3731 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How are they compensated?
- How long has their agency been in business in Oklahoma City?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
More comparisons equals affordable rates
Discount Suzuki Forenza insurance in Oklahoma City can be sourced both online and with local Oklahoma City insurance agents, so get free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to reduce Suzuki Forenza insurance car insurance rates online in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with the smaller companies. Smaller companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Nurses in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)