Locating cheaper insurance for a new or used Subaru BRZ in Oklahoma could be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used Subaru and locate the lowest possible price.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes at least once a year since insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best deal on Subaru BRZ insurance in Oklahoma City two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the best way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Discount Oklahoma City insurance quotes
Some insurers don’t always list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Oklahoma City car insurance online.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current BRZ insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Oklahoma City car insurance online.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when getting a Oklahoma City car insurance quote.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Oklahoma City can save a few bucks because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Oklahoma City, click this link.
Most larger insurance companies allow you to get prices for coverage direct online. Obtaining pricing for Subaru BRZ insurance in Oklahoma City is fairly straightforward as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want into the form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information.
Using the web to get quotes for Subaru BRZ insurance in Oklahoma City makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the most affordable premium.
To find out what other companies charge, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Save Money with These Tips
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices. Many factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious like where you live or your commute time.
The following are a few of the things car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
Gender and auto insurance premiums – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Women and men cause fender benders in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Older drivers pay less – Youthful drivers in Oklahoma are statistically shown to be inattentive when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
Do you really need the add-on coverages? – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If your Subaru BRZ is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
Never allow your car insurance policy to lapse – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse can be a sure-fire way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Save money by having excellent credit – Credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. So if your credit can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Subaru BRZ if you improve your credit rating. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit scores.
Your address can affect price – Having an address in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents. Drivers who live in large Oklahoma cities have traffic congestion and longer commute times. Higher commute times statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Insurance losses for a Subaru BRZ – Insurers study historical loss data to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for coverage.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Subaru BRZ vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A lot of people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Most agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local agents is important particularly in Oklahoma City.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Oklahoma City who can give free rate quotes for your business. You don’t have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you need to find a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can select. Insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can sell insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you need to compare prices from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Oklahoma City who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Thomas Baste Insurance Agency
8503 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 604-5600 – View Map
- Bigbie, Hensley and Janway Insurance Agency
5532 N Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 235-0036 – View Map
- Professional Insurors Agency, LLC
7301 Broadway Ext – Oklahoma City, OK 73116 – (405) 843-9191 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Oklahoma City that can give you price quote information.
- Shelter Insurance – Paul Michael
8320 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 632-2751 – View Map
- Bob Stockton – State Farm Insurance Agent
4625 N May Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 943-8373 – View Map
- Marcia Corcoran – State Farm Insurance Agent
3135 NW 63rd St b – Oklahoma City, OK 73116 – (405) 848-8878 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Any agent in Oklahoma City should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance is required in Oklahoma but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Subaru BRZ, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Subaru at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves your car and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Persistent drivers can save
We’ve covered many tips how you can reduce Subaru BRZ insurance rates online in Oklahoma City. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Oklahoma City is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Oklahoma City agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
How to buy low-cost Subaru BRZ insurance in Oklahoma City
Really, the only way to get discount Subaru BRZ insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who sell auto insurance in Oklahoma City. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher rates like traffic violations and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)