Searching for the most affordable Oklahoma City Scion tC insurance quotes may seem to be overwhelming for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing rates over the internet. Because there are so many insurers available, how can vehicle owners possibly compare every company to locate lower insurance premiums?
Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who compare rates annually are likely to switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding better rates. A study showed that people who compared rates annually saved about $70 a month as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price for Scion tC insurance in Oklahoma City is the reason you’re here, then having some knowledge of the best ways to find and compare insurance can help simplify the process.
It’s a great practice to quote other rates once or twice a year because insurance prices change frequently. Even if you got the best rates on Scion tC insurance in Oklahoma City at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. The purpose of this post is to teach you a little about the most effective ways to compare rates and how you can save the most money. Although Oklahoma drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies sell online because it can help you find the best coverage.
What Impacts Scion tC Insurance Premiums?
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that go into determining auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can earn you better auto insurance rates. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors that factor into your rate level.
- Get better rates if married – Having a significant other can get you a discount when shopping for auto insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
Costs for men may be higher – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women have fender benders at a similar rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males have the highest risk to insure so it costs more to insure them.
The example below illustrates the difference between Scion tC premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
- Liability coverage limits are a factor – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection when you are determined to be liable for an accident. This coverage provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Pay less with a high crash test rating – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Scion tC scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Never let your policy lapse – Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and companies may charge more for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage can result in fines or a revoked license.
Insurance losses for a Scion tC – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have increased losses will have a higher cost to insure. The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Scion tC vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Scion tC Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Scion tC 133 139 136 148 152 143BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Scion tC insurance charts and tables
The premium information below showcases detailed analysis of coverage prices for Scion tC models. Being able to understand how insurance prices are figured is important for making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TC 2-Dr Hatchback||$242||$626||$634||$38||$190||$1,730||$144|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific Oklahoma City garaging location which can increase or decrease coverage prices considerably.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Scion tC insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents can impact Scion tC car insurance rates for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Scion tC liability-only versus full coverage
The chart below shows the comparison of Scion tC annual premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set guideline for phasing out physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Scion tC claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Get cheaper Scion tC insurance rates in Oklahoma City
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Oklahoma City car insurance quote. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers are able to get reduced rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model is cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will reduce the premium cost.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Scion tC insurance prices with and without discounts being applied to the rates. Data assumes a female driver, no violations or claims, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
To view insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Oklahoma, click this link.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Lower-priced Scion tC insurance in Oklahoma City can be found online and from local agencies, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
How to find affordable quotes for Scion tC insurance in Oklahoma City
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers in Oklahoma. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
First, try to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and your credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. As soon as you can, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Additional information is located below:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)