Would you prefer to buy low-cost GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Oklahoma City? Having to pay for high-priced auto insurance in Oklahoma City can eat up your accounts and force you to cut corners elsewhere.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices will probably switch companies because the odds are good of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey revealed that people who shopped around saved approximately $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price on GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Oklahoma City is your objective, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
How to find cheaper quotes for GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Oklahoma City
If you want to save the most money, the best way to save money on GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Oklahoma City is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers that sell auto insurance in Oklahoma. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic citations and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more details to prevent rate hikes and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Oklahoma City. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Consumers have multiple insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, it makes it harder to find a good deal for GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Oklahoma City.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Oklahoma City is much easier if you have a good place to start. Just about each driver who is looking for cheaper car insurance will be able to find lower rates. But Oklahoma consumers do need to understand how big insurance companies market on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Informed Consumers Can Cut Their Insurance Rates
Many things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Add-on coverages push up premiums – Policies have extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, towing, and membership fees are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a fast way to bump up your insurance costs. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in fines and jail time.
Careless driving means higher costs – Being a careful driver can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Having a single citation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can influence GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Battle of the sexes – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Females and males have at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of GMC Sierra 3500HD auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
With age comes responsibility – Young drivers in Oklahoma are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Adding a inexperienced driver onto a policy can increase premiums substantially. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
The following chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a dented fender, flood damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more expense you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Discounts for multiple policies – Most larger companies will give better rates to buyers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s in your best interest to shop around to ensure the best deal.
The more you drive the more you pay – The more miles you rack up on your GMC every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Incorrect rating for your Sierra 3500HD may be wasting your money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance declarations sheet states annual mileage.
The quickest method to compare rates for GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Oklahoma City is to realize most insurance companies allow for online access to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is give the companies some data including the make and model of your vehicles, your credit rating estimate, if you require a SR-22, and deductibles desired. Those rating factors is then submitted to multiple top-rated companies and you get price estimates quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Oklahoma City.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Statistics and details
The table displayed next highlights estimates of insurance policy prices for GMC Sierra 3500HD models. Having a good understanding how insurance rates are formulated can assist in making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$394||$682||$606||$36||$182||$1,900||$158|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$394||$786||$756||$44||$226||$2,206||$184|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$394||$682||$606||$36||$182||$1,900||$158|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$394||$682||$606||$36||$182||$1,900||$158|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$394||$786||$756||$44||$226||$2,206||$184|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$394||$786||$756||$44||$226||$2,206||$184|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$394||$682||$606||$36||$182||$1,900||$158|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$394||$786||$756||$44||$226||$2,206||$184|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$394||$786||$756||$44||$226||$2,206||$184|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$434||$786||$606||$36||$182||$2,044||$170|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect coverage rates significantly.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can raise or lower GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a GMC in Oklahoma City, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Oklahoma but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your GMC for a lot more money and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your GMC Sierra 3500HD. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your GMC as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper rates on GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Oklahoma City with these discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Multi-line Discount – Select companies reward you with a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will lower the amount you have to pay.
The diagram below compares GMC Sierra 3500HD annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To find insurance companies with the best discounts in Oklahoma City, follow this link.
Can’t I compare rates from local Oklahoma City auto insurance agents?
A small number of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is there a local claims center in Oklahoma City?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Can you contact them at any time?
Insurance agent types
If you want to buy car insurance from an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Oklahoma City are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Oklahoma City willing to provide rate quotes.
Marcia Corcoran – State Farm Insurance Agent
3135 NW 63rd St b – Oklahoma City, OK 73116 – (405) 848-8878 – View Map
Mike Earles – State Farm Insurance Agent
12220 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 691-1115 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Oklahoma City that can give you price quotes.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to buying a policy, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different and your car insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Oklahoma?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- What happens if I owe more than my GMC Sierra 3500HD is worth?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Oklahoma?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
There are still a few companies who may not provide rates over the internet and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agencies. The cheapest GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Oklahoma City is available both online and with local Oklahoma City insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
As you quote Oklahoma City car insurance, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
How to find cheaper rates for GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Oklahoma City
Really, the only way to quote cheaper GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Oklahoma City is to do a yearly price comparison from providers in Oklahoma. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. Once received, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)