No normal person loves paying for auto insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much.
It’s shocking but a large majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in America could pocket as much as $860 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
There are many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, having more insurers makes it harder to compare rates for Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Oklahoma City.
Take policy discounts and save on Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Oklahoma City
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common as well as some of the hidden car insurance savings.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current Crossfire insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will cut your overall premium however.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, good driver, accident-free, good student, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- GEICO offers discounts for military active duty, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, air bags, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, safety features, new move discount, and newly married.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, air bag, bundle, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and good student.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for defensive driver, good student, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
When getting free Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply in Oklahoma City. To view car insurance companies who offer free Chrysler Crossfire insurance quotes in Oklahoma, click this link.
Just keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates provides better odds of finding lower pricing.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Do I need an agent?
Some consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Oklahoma City who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on a insurer should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
What types of car insurance agents are in Oklahoma City?
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Oklahoma City are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Oklahoma City that are able to give comparison quotes.
Charles Reagan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5001 N Pennsylvania Ave #305 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 840-3731 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you include a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Oklahoma City willing to provide comparison quotes.
Once you have answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have found an insurance agent that will provide insurance coverage.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
We just presented a lot of techniques to reduce Chrysler Crossfire insurance car insurance rates online in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Oklahoma City auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a small local company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
How to buy lower priced Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Oklahoma City
The preferred way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Oklahoma.
- Read and learn about coverages and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
An important part of this process is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)