It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who shop around for cheaper prices will probably switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who routinely compared rates saved approximately $860 a year compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on Toyota Yaris insurance is why you’re reading this, then having a good understanding how to choose a company and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The most effective way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurers who provide car insurance in Oklahoma City.
Step 1: Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like your driving record and a bad credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View a list of agents
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Oklahoma City. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Just remember that comparing more prices helps increase your odds of locating the best rates. Not every company provides Oklahoma City Yaris insurance quotes online, so you also need to get price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Oklahoma. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Insurance rate breakdown
The coverage information shown next highlights detailed analysis of insurance rates for Toyota Yaris models. Understanding how car insurance premiums are figured is important for making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yaris 2-Dr Hatchback||$160||$360||$532||$32||$160||$1,244||$104|
|Yaris 4-Dr Hatchback||$160||$360||$470||$28||$140||$1,158||$97|
|Yaris 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$360||$470||$28||$140||$1,158||$97|
|Yaris S 2-Dr Hatchback||$184||$360||$532||$32||$160||$1,268||$106|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Hatchback||$184||$360||$470||$28||$140||$1,182||$99|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Sedan||$184||$360||$470||$28||$140||$1,182||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify premiums significantly.
Auto insurance rates based on gender in Oklahoma City
The chart below shows the difference between Toyota Yaris insurance prices for male and female drivers. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Take policy discounts and save on Toyota Yaris insurance in Oklahoma City
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Yaris insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a Oklahoma City auto insurance quote.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Oklahoma City auto insurance online.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers get the best car insurance rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy digitally online.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below shows the difference between Toyota Yaris insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Oklahoma, click here.
Protect your Toyota Yaris and other assets
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Yaris in Oklahoma City, paying for car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota Yaris has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Toyota for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance protects your Toyota Yaris and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $700 annually so compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Best car insurance in Oklahoma
Buying coverage from the best auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Oklahoma. The company rank data shown below can help you choose which auto insurance companies to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Car insurance can get complicated
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- What is the ISO rating for a Toyota Yaris?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Buying auto insurance from Oklahoma City auto insurance agents
Many people just prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local agencies is definitely important in Oklahoma City.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to companies in Oklahoma City that provide free Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in Oklahoma City should be willing to answer these questions.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- What companies can they write with?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?