There isn’t a single person who enjoys paying for insurance, especially when they are aware that the cost is too high.
Everyone knows that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who shop around will presumably switch companies because there are good odds of finding a lower rate. A recent survey discovered that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved approximately $72 a month compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly insurance is the reason you’re here, learning how to find and compare insurance coverage can help simplify the process. Companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO promote their brand names with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s a good habit to quote other rates as often as possible because insurance rates change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Oklahoma City at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the quickest way to get good coverage on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Oklahoma City at a lower rate.
Free Oklahoma City Suzuki Aerio insurance rate quotes
Many insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give pricing on their websites. Doing online quotes for Suzuki Aerio insurance in Oklahoma City is possible for anyone as you simply type in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system obtains credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote based on the data you entered. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find affordable rates.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input your coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you will get a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
These six discounts can slash Suzuki Aerio insurance rates
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there are discounts available that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but some need to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on insurance.
- Onboard Data Collection – Oklahoma City drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Aerio may earn a small discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, good driver, safe vehicle, accident-free, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, membership and employees, driver training, federal employee, multi-vehicle, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century may include discounts for driver training, teen driver, air bags, defensive driver, theft prevention, good student, and early bird.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including early bird, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, good driver, and accident-free.
- The Hartford includes discounts for driver training, anti-theft, bundle, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, good student, and air bag.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-car, multi-policy, and good student.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Oklahoma City.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is required by state law in Oklahoma and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Aerio, more than likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Suzuki at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Suzuki Aerio and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Oklahoma is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Ratings for Oklahoma City car insurance companies
Buying coverage from a high-quality company is hard considering how many choices drivers have in Oklahoma. The company rank data listed below could help you pick which providers you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Car insurance is unique, just like you
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Does my Suzuki Aerio need full coverage?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Oklahoma City auto insurance agent
Many people still like to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheaper rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Oklahoma City.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Oklahoma City that provide free Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Oklahoma City are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand how they differ since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company so they can write business through many companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below are Oklahoma City independent agents that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are Oklahoma City exclusive agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Oklahoma?
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Oklahoma limits are 25/50/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a broken windshield, falling objects, hail damage and damage from getting keyed. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as scraping a guard rail, rolling your car, crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Aerio to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills like X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices and doctor visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things like emergency aid, court costs, bail bonds and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Oklahoma requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not be enough.