Searching for better insurance prices for a Ford Fiesta in Oklahoma can normally be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a Ford and get the lowest price.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers can save $860 each year, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they switched.
How do Insurers Determine Ford Fiesta Insurance Rates?
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find better insurance rates.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your rates.
Don’t skimp on liability coverage – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Expect high rates for teens – Inexperience drivers are known to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a teen driver onto a policy can increase premiums substantially. Older people tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
Women tend to cost less – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Females and males have at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
Your location is a factor – Residing in areas with lower population has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Single drivers take more risk – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price when shopping for insurance. It usually means you are more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
Insurance loss statistics a Ford Fiesta – Companies analyze the history of losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that statistically have higher losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Ford Fiesta vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Smart shoppers get results
We’ve covered a lot of information how to find cheaper Ford Fiesta insurance in Oklahoma City. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Ford Fiesta rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Cost effective Ford Fiesta insurance is available on the web in addition to many Oklahoma City insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
Steps to buying discount Ford Fiesta insurance in Oklahoma City
If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable Ford Fiesta insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who sell auto insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Fiesta coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)