It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who shop for lower rates will presumably move their business because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey discovered that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved about $72 a month as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance in Oklahoma City is your ultimate target, then having some knowledge of how to choose a company and compare auto insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable Dodge Durango insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in Oklahoma City. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as inattentive driving and a negative credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for more information to find cheap rates and find missing discounts.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates now
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. As soon as you can, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Oklahoma. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Oklahoma City
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Increase deductibles to save – Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims could be a broken windshield, hail damage, and windstorm damage. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have additional coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t careful. Things like rental car reimbursement, towing, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- City dwellers may pay more – Choosing to live in a small town is a good thing when it comes to car insurance. Drivers in populated areas have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means reduced accidents.
- Does auto insurance cost less for women? – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both genders are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage. Men also have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- Why do you need liability protection? – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Infrequent drivers can save – The higher the mileage driven annually the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based on their usage. Autos that have low annual miles receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your vehicle rating states the correct driver usage. A policy that improperly rates your Durango can cost quite a bit.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most companies will give better rates to clients that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten percent or more. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- The type of car you drive affects your premiums – The type of vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The most favorable rates are generally reserved for smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Insurance losses for a Dodge Durango – Companies use data from past claims when they file their rates in each state. Models that have a trend towards higher claims will have higher premium rates.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Dodge Durango vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Dodge Durango Models Specific Dodge Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD 88 110 91 104 90 100 Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD 90 115 97 92 93 102BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Durango insurance, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge Durango, more than likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Oklahoma overpays more than $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Ratings for Oklahoma City auto insurance companies
Finding a high-quality car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Oklahoma. The company information listed below can help you decide which insurers you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%