Do you want to save money by finding the cheapest Chevy Spark insurance in Oklahoma City? Comparing and finding cheaper coverage rates for Chevy Spark insurance in Oklahoma City may be challenging for drivers who have little experience comparison shopping online. There are so many companies to choose from that it can easily be hard work to compare coverage rates on Chevy Spark insurance.
How to buy lower priced Chevy Spark insurance in Oklahoma City
To save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest Chevy Spark insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from providers who provide car insurance in Oklahoma City. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, try to comprehend what is in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for more information to help prevent expensive coverage and earn larger discounts.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who compare rates annually will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey found that consumers who shopped around every year saved as much as $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding discount rates on insurance in Oklahoma City is the reason you’re reading this, then having some insight into the best way to compare coverage rates can make it easier to find better rates.
It’s a good habit to do rate comparisons before your next renewal since insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Chevy Spark insurance in Oklahoma City two years ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. There is a lot of wrong information about Spark insurance on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn a lot of great tips on how to save money.
If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using this information. Quoting and buying the cheapest auto insurance in Oklahoma City is not that difficult. But Oklahoma vehicle owners must understand the way insurance companies price online insurance and use it to find better rates.
Finding Chevy Spark insurance in Oklahoma City, OK
Most larger insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get insurance quotes online. Getting online quotes for Chevy Spark insurance in Oklahoma City is quite easy as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. Once entered, their quoting system requests information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information based on these and other factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s necessary to perform this step in order to find cheaper rates.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in your coverages identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Oklahoma. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Oklahoma
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Spark in Oklahoma City, insurance is required in Oklahoma but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Spark, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is wasting up to $810 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to save money.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Chevy Spark Insurance Costs?
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the things that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you better auto insurance rates. Many different elements are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are more transparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate prices.
Minor frequent auto insurance claims are not good – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Oklahoma give lower rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Younger driver insurance rates – Inexperience drivers are known to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a first-time driver to your policy can break the bank. Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.
How’s your driving record? – Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Just one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
City dwellers may pay more – Choosing to live in less populated areas is a positive aspect when buying auto insurance. Residents of big cities tend to have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Lower stress equals lower premiums – Occupations like real estate brokers, social workers, and stock brokers tend to have higher rates than average due to intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, occupations such as scientists, athletes and homemakers pay the least.
Lower rates by increasing coverage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your Chevy. Some instances where coverage would apply are a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, or theft. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The larger the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Discounts can help save money on Chevy Spark insurance in Oklahoma City
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but a few must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow their insurance company to analyze vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for age of vehicle, ease of repair, annual mileage, anti-theft, accident-free, good student, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for distant student, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, bundle discounts, early shopping, mature driver, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-policy, safe driver, youthful driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and renewal discount.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, multiple autos, driver’s education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Allstate offers discounts including teenSMART discount, good student, passive restraint, auto/life discount, and economy car.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, driver training, and good student.
If you need inexpensive Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Oklahoma City. To see insurance companies with the best Chevy Spark insurance discounts in Oklahoma City, click this link.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Who is covered when they drive my Chevy Spark?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
What if I want to buy from local Oklahoma City auto insurance agents?
Some people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the best rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this quick form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Oklahoma City that can provide free Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an provider needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does their agency support local causes in Oklahoma City?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How are claims handled?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
If you want a local insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Oklahoma City exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Tom Woodward – State Farm Insurance Agent
4401 W Memorial Rd #115 – Oklahoma City, OK 73134 – (405) 755-5958 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Gerald Jeter
11723 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 692-2411 – View Map
- Charles Reagan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5001 N Pennsylvania Ave #305 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 840-3731 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are Oklahoma City independent agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Paul W. Meade Insurance Agency, Inc.
4220 N Classen Blvd – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 524-1541 – View Map
- Scott Godwin Insurance Agency – OKC Insurance
9026 SE 29th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73150 – (405) 600-6400 – View Map
- Premier Insurance
3232 W Britton Rd # 150 – Oklahoma City, OK 73120 – (405) 285-4040 – View Map
Upon getting reasonable responses to these questions and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is a good match to adequately provide insurance. Just be aware that you are entitled to cancel a policy whenever you wish so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with any specific agency for a certain time period.
Oklahoma car insurance companies
Picking the best car insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Oklahoma. The ranking information in the next section could help you analyze which car insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Quote more and you will save more
Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents. Budget-friendly car insurance in Oklahoma City is definitely available on the web and from local agencies, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Chevy Spark insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Steps to saving on Chevy Spark insurance in Oklahoma City
It takes a little time, but the best way to find more affordable Chevy Spark insurance is to compare prices once a year from different companies who provide car insurance in Oklahoma City. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices like speeding and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Oklahoma City. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)