It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year will, in all likelihood, move their business because the odds are good of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey discovered that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved over $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price on insurance in Oklahoma City is your ultimate target, learning how to shop for insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
The easiest way to get discount Porsche Boxster insurance in Oklahoma City is to compare prices at least once a year from providers that sell auto insurance in Oklahoma. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, try to learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like accidents, careless driving, and bad credit can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides more information to get cheaper rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One thing to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Oklahoma City is really not that difficult. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using these methods. Comparison shoppers only have to learn the quickest way to buy auto insurance using one simple form.
Best companies for Porsche Boxster insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Oklahoma City, OK. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The table shown below covers estimates of coverage prices for Porsche Boxster models. Being able to understand how rates are figured can be useful when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Boxster 2-Dr Convertible||$270||$498||$382||$22||$114||$1,286||$107|
|Boxster S 2-Dr Convertible||$296||$564||$382||$22||$114||$1,378||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can revise coverage prices substantially.
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Porsche Boxster insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Porsche Boxster insurance rates by gender
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Porsche Boxster premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below compares Porsche Boxster annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Oklahoma. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no written rule to stop buying physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Porsche Boxster claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing you more than $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Get cheap rates with these ten discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow their company to spy on their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy Oklahoma City car insurance online.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings as much as 30%.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your next car insurance statement.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better rates.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of companies will give a small break for signing up digitally online.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will positively reduce your premiums.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Porsche Boxster insurance premiums with and without some available policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance may offer discounts for multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, paid-in-full, Pac-12 alumni, safety device, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for safety features, exclusive group savings, new graduate, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include anti-lock brakes, safe vehicle, teen driver, multiple vehicles, and mature driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, driver training, and seat belt use.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To view providers that offer the discounts shown above in Oklahoma, click this link.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When quoting and comparing the best car insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Oklahoma City?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
When to get advice from an agent
Some consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area that can give you free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best provider shouldn’t rely on just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- How long has their agency been open in Oklahoma City?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Oklahoma City?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can write auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they differ since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Oklahoma City that are able to give comparison quotes.
Jim Hoffhines – State Farm Insurance Agent
3838 NW 36th St #160 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 948-8881 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you contact several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below are Oklahoma City independent insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Oklahoma requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not be adequate.
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a bird, falling objects and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills for things like pain medications, dental work and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Porsche Boxster.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/25 in Oklahoma), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Boxster resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Boxster in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Compare insurance prices regularly to save
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Porsche Boxster insurance in Oklahoma City. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Lower-priced Porsche Boxster insurance in Oklahoma City can be purchased on the web in addition to many Oklahoma City insurance agents, so you need to quote Oklahoma City car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
More detailed insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)