It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Oklahoma City. You can shop around by following these steps.
First, get an understanding of how companies set rates and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for more details to get lower rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of insurance customers have been with the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Many consumers in Oklahoma City can cut their rates by nearly $600 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they changed companies.
Our goal is to teach you a little about how to effectively get price quotes and how you can save the most money. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using these techniques. But Oklahoma car owners do need to know the way companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Statistics and details
The premium information shown below outlines a range of insurance premium costs for Porsche 911 models. Having a good grasp of how insurance rates are figured can be of help when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$314||$680||$458||$28||$136||$1,616||$135|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$342||$680||$458||$28||$136||$1,644||$137|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$342||$680||$388||$24||$116||$1,550||$129|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$342||$680||$458||$28||$136||$1,644||$137|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$342||$680||$388||$24||$116||$1,550||$129|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$342||$746||$458||$28||$136||$1,710||$143|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$342||$746||$458||$28||$136||$1,710||$143|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$342||$746||$388||$24||$116||$1,616||$135|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$368||$680||$388||$24||$116||$1,576||$131|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$368||$746||$458||$28||$136||$1,736||$145|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$368||$810||$458||$28||$136||$1,800||$150|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$422||$874||$458||$28||$136||$1,918||$160|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$422||$874||$458||$28||$136||$1,918||$160|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$422||$938||$388||$24||$116||$1,888||$157|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect insurance rates greatly.
Auto insurance rates by age and gender
The chart below shows the comparison of Porsche 911 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The illustration below shows the difference between Porsche 911 auto insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The price estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no set guideline that works best for making the decision to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Porsche 911 claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Learn How to Quote Auto Insurance for Less
Many things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
Shown below are most of the major factors companies use to determine premiums.
- Low mileage costs less – Driving a lot of miles annually the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance coverage correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your 911 can cost quite a bit.
- Don’t cut corners with liability protection – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Safer occupants lowers prices – Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Consider raising physical damage deductibles – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Insurance rates and vehicle performance – The performance of the car or truck you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring small economy passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
The following chart is based on a single male driver age 40, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Porsche 911 rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance risks.
- Deter vehicle theft – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- High insurance claims frequency drives up rates – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Oklahoma award better rates to insureds who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Pay more by driving carelessly – Having a single driving citation can boost insurance rates substantially. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have gotten flagrant violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions increase Porsche 911 car insurance costs for each different age category. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance loss probability for a Porsche 911 – Companies factor in insurance loss information to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates.
The table below outlines the loss history for Porsche 911 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Porsche 911 Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr 191 47 173 24 Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible 197 51 224 36 Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr 4WD 349 367BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Ratings for Oklahoma City auto insurance companies
Choosing the right auto insurance provider is hard considering how many companies provide coverage in Oklahoma. The company ratings in the lists below can help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
One last thing to lower rates
The cheapest Porsche 911 insurance in Oklahoma City can be found from both online companies in addition to many Oklahoma City insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents.
People switch companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation and even unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
When you buy Oklahoma City auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)