It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who compare rates annually are likely to move their business because of the high probability of finding a lower rate. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved as much as $865 a year as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If saving money on auto insurance in Oklahoma City is your objective, understanding how to shop for cheaper coverage can make the process less intimidating.
The preferred way to find cheaper car insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to annually compare prices from different companies who provide auto insurance in Oklahoma.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important note is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every possible discount very well, so the below list has a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Insurance companies that have some of the above discounts include:
When getting free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Oklahoma. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What is PIP insurance?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Oklahoma?
- Is my Pontiac Sunfire covered if I use it for business?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
When to contact an insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agents is important especially in Oklahoma City.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is sent to companies in Oklahoma City that provide free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your house as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Shown below is a short list of car insurance companies in Oklahoma City that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Pontiac Sunfire insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Allstate Insurance: Ciani Portillo
3200 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73109 – (405) 635-1212 – View Map
- Perimeter Insurance
4200 Perimeter Center Dr – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 778-8880 – View Map
- Action Plus Insurance Agency
9005 S May Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 631-9009 – View Map
- Dan Ryan Insurance
6300 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 631-6300 – View Map
Choosing a insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is the quote a firm price?
Quote more and you will save more
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation, high prices or even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
In this article, we presented many ideas to compare Pontiac Sunfire insurance prices in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Some companies may not offer rate quotes online and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Low-cost Pontiac Sunfire insurance in Oklahoma City can be found online and also from your neighborhood Oklahoma City agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)