If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurers in Oklahoma City.
- Try to understand how car insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for additional ideas to get low prices and earn a bigger discount.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper GTO coverage is available in Oklahoma City. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who shop around annually are likely to switch companies because there is a high probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A study discovered that consumers who regularly shopped around saved $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price for Pontiac GTO insurance is your ultimate objective, then learning a little about the best way to shop and compare insurance coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
How to buy Oklahoma City Pontiac GTO insurance online
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. By far the easiest way to do a complete rate comparison is to perform an online rate comparison.
Getting free rates online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to physically go to different Oklahoma City agent offices. Doing it all online makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the professional guidance only provided by licensed Oklahoma City agents. Although, it is possible comparison shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency. When comparison shopping, comparing more rates from different companies provides better odds of finding the best rates. Not every company allows you to get price estimates online, so it’s important to compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost, car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Pontiac has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac for a much higher rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Pontiac GTO but also your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Pontiac as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Oklahoma is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Some companies do not advertise every policy discount very well, so the below list has some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Oklahoma City auto insurance online.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower price if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount get Oklahoma City auto insurance on the internet.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Oklahoma City auto insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current GTO insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper GTO insurance.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new GTO can save you some money because newer models keep occupants safer.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Oklahoma, click here.
When should I get advice from an agent?
Some people just prefer to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is you may find the best rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with small agencies is important especially in Oklahoma City.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Oklahoma City that can provide free Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Oklahoma City can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing car insurance prices, you need to get quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection.
The following are independent agencies in Oklahoma City that can possibly get you rate quotes.
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which can be an advantage.
The following are exclusive agencies in Oklahoma City that are able to give rate quotes.
Choosing the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
If you receive good answers as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles.
Ratings for Oklahoma City car insurance companies
Selecting a highly-rated car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Oklahoma. The company information listed below may help you pick which car insurance companies to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Shop around and save
As you quote Oklahoma City auto insurance, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some car insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies. Affordable Pontiac GTO insurance in Oklahoma City is attainable online as well as from independent agents in Oklahoma City, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional car insurance information can be found at the links below
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)