If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save money on Pontiac G8 insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for instructions to help prevent costly coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Oklahoma City. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new carrier. Once received, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in Oklahoma City could save as much as $600 every year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Many insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate give pricing directly from their websites. Comparing Pontiac G8 insurance rates online is fairly simple as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, their rating system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to do this if you are searching for the cheapest price.
In order to compare pricing, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in the coverages as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you will have rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Oklahoma. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the high cost, buying insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, most lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Pontiac at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Auto insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be asked about before being credited.
- Telematics Data – Oklahoma City drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to track driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for reduced rates.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current G8 insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you affordable Pontiac G8 insurance rates in Oklahoma City.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less compared to bad drivers.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
To find insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Is pet coverage available?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.