The best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who sell insurance in Oklahoma.
- Try to comprehend what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates like your driving record and a negative credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for more details to help reduce premium rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on V40 insurance in Oklahoma City. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. When you receive it, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Shocking but true, most car insurance buyers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Oklahoma could save about $551 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Smart Buyers Can Slash Their Insurance Rates
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that help determine your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower insurance prices. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The list below includes some of the major factors companies use to determine premiums.
Save by driving less – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An improperly rated V40 can cost quite a bit. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Discounts for married drivers – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when buying insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Increase coverage deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Liability protection risk factors – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in if ever you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
A insurance lapse can increase rates – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a fast way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Alarms and GPS tracking lowers prices – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop auto theft.
The following companies offer free quotes in Oklahoma. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance just makes sense
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Oklahoma City, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, almost every bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volvo at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Oklahoma City auto insurance online.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Oklahoma City auto insurance quote.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Oklahoma City without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount shop Oklahoma City auto insurance on your computer.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to study driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
To choose insurers with the best discounts in Oklahoma, click this link.
Local Oklahoma City auto insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is important especially in Oklahoma City.
By using this short form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your business. You don’t have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Insurance agent types
If you need to find a good insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can sell insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the differences since it could factor into your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, you should always compare prices from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Many write coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Oklahoma City that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
- Freeland Insurance, LLC
6017 Shiloh Dr – Oklahoma City, OK 73179 – (405) 692-6106 – View Map
- Bigbie, Hensley and Janway Insurance Agency
5532 N Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 235-0036 – View Map
- Russ Warren Insurance Agency
3431 NW 36th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 947-6745 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are Oklahoma City exclusive insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
- Rita Wallenberg – State Farm Insurance Agent
2833 SW 119th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 691-2464 – View Map
- Jerry Black – State Farm Insurance Agent
12325 N May Ave #117 – Oklahoma City, OK 73120 – (405) 751-1860 – View Map
- Ken Shelton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10901 S Western Ave a – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 378-0407 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- How long has their agency been in business in Oklahoma City?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Oklahoma City?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Oklahoma City?
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Should I rate my Volvo V40 as pleasure use or commute?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Persistent drivers can save
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to lower your Volvo V40 insurance premium rates in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best premium rates are with a small local company.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)