It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who shop around annually will presumably switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a cheaper policy. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is your target objective, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverage rates can make it easier for you to save money.
To save the most money, the best way to find lower priced Volkswagen Passat insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who can sell car insurance in Oklahoma City. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives information to get better rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Passat insurance in Oklahoma City. If you can save money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
This information will help you learn how insurance works and also save some money in the process If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using these techniques. Drivers only have to learn the best way to find the lowest price using one simple form.
Affordable Oklahoma City insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can help lower your rates. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but some need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a slight reduction on a Oklahoma City car insurance quote.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Oklahoma City car insurance quote.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Oklahoma City can help you save on insurance because it is proof that your finances are in order.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Passat insurance prices with and without some available policy discounts. The data is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts for air bags, military active duty, defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, claim-free, good driver, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, student away at school, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including annual mileage, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-car, professional/association, and good student.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include defensive driver, 55 and older, driver training, anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, homeowners, and early bird.
- Allstate discounts include new car, safe driver, good student, teenSMART discount, and EZ pay plan discount.
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not be offered in Oklahoma City.
Most major insurance companies provide prices for coverage on the web. This process is quite easy as you just type in your required coverages as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on these and other factors. This streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to do this in order to find lower-cost prices.
In order to compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with your coverages as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will have a price comparison for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Oklahoma. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance rate breakdown
The rate information shown next outlines estimates of insurance coverage prices for Volkswagen Passat models. Having insight into how policy rates are established is important for making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Passat Komfort Station Wagon||$446||$688||$500||$30||$150||$1,814||$151|
|Passat Komfort 4-Dr Sedan||$446||$688||$588||$34||$176||$1,932||$161|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can impact coverage rates greatly.
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can raise or lower Volkswagen Passat yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims increase Volkswagen Passat yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The chart below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Passat car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule for eliminating comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Passat replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
Always remember that when buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- If my Volkswagen Passat is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is still important in Oklahoma City.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you’re trying to find a local Oklahoma City insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Oklahoma City who may be able to give you rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Oklahoma City exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Oklahoma City, get answers to these questions.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Oklahoma?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Ratings for Oklahoma City auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated car insurance company can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Oklahoma City. The information in the lists below could help you pick which providers to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Quote. Compare. Save.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Volkswagen Passat insurance in Oklahoma City. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent or even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read by following these links:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Oklahoma City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)