Sad but true, over 70% of Oklahoma drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save nearly $860 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The preferred way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from companies in Oklahoma City. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, try to understand how your policy works and the things you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Atlas coverage is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, place the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Oklahoma City is really not that difficult. Nearly each driver who is looking for cheaper insurance should find a lower-cost company. But Oklahoma drivers can benefit from knowing how big insurance companies sell insurance online because it varies considerably.
Most of the larger companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get coverage price quotes on their websites. Getting online quotes for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Oklahoma City is possible for anyone as you simply enter the coverages you want as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, their system will obtain your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors.
The ability to get online rates for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Oklahoma City streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the cheapest price on auto insurance.
To compare rates now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you are getting a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Volkswagen Atlas
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Atlas, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $820 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked about in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Oklahoma City car insurance but check with your company.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies reward drivers for buying a new policy before your current Atlas insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to track their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a driver safety class may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less since newer models have better safety ratings.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will positively reduce your overall premium however.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for early shopping, alternative fuel, good student, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, and multi-car.
- Esurance includes discounts for homeowner, good student, anti-theft, claim free, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, student away at school, good student, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, driver training, air bags, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate may include discounts for teenSMART discount, FullPay discount, safe driver, EZ pay plan discount, and economy car.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Oklahoma City. To view insurers offering car insurance discounts in Oklahoma City, click here to view.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.