Would you like to find low-cost insurance rates in Oklahoma City, OK? Oklahoma City consumers have a choice when looking for affordable Nissan Juke insurance. You can either spend your time calling around trying to get quotes or use the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage on a Nissan and find the lowest possible price.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Oklahoma City is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you’re already insured, you should be able to find better prices using the techniques presented in this article. Shoppers just need to understand the fastest way to compare different rates from many different companies.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Oklahoma City
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower car insurance prices. Many different elements are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Careless drivers pay higher prices – How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Only having one chargeable violation can bump up the cost substantially. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have multiple tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Bad credit will cost you – Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Nissan Juke if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most major car insurance companies apply a discount to customers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. It’s possible to still save money by splitting coverages up.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers prices – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Raising deductibles lowers prices – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Nissan from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, flood damage, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles you choose are how much you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Gender impacts costs – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Females and males have accidents at about the same rate, but the men get into accidents with more damage. They also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
Claims statistics for a Nissan Juke – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure.
The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Nissan Juke vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Juke Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Juke 2WD 101 104 77 111 134 113 Nissan Juke 4WD 107 112 75 120 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to compare Oklahoma City Nissan Juke insurance quotes
Finding a better price on car insurance is not rocket science. All that’s required is to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes from online providers.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Oklahoma. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Oklahoma is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in Oklahoma City, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects your Nissan Juke and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to save money.
Oklahoma City auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Oklahoma City auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing digitally online.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get cheaper rates.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce the cost of your policy.
To locate insurers who offer online Nissan Juke insurance quotes in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Comparing rates from local Oklahoma City auto insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and also buy local.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that provide free Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Where are claims handled?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Oklahoma City?
- If they are an independent agency in Oklahoma City, which companies do they recommend?
- How long have they been in business?
When finding a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents in Oklahoma City are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent primarily because of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below are Oklahoma City exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Jim Hoffhines – State Farm Insurance Agent
3838 NW 36th St #160 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 948-8881 – View Map
- Ed Dater – State Farm Insurance Agent
6700 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 634-0504 – View Map
- Charles Reagan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5001 N Pennsylvania Ave #305 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 840-3731 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Oklahoma City that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Paul W. Meade Insurance Agency, Inc.
4220 N Classen Blvd – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 524-1541 – View Map
- One General Agency
817 NE 63rd St – Oklahoma City, OK 73105 – (405) 840-9393 – View Map
- Lynnae Insurance Group
5119 N Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 217-8851 – View Map
Once you have good feedback to any questions you may have as well as affordable Nissan Juke insurance rates in Oklahoma City quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that is reputable and can provide auto insurance coverage.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
When shopping online for auto insurance, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cheaper auto insurance in Oklahoma City can be found on the web in addition to many Oklahoma City insurance agents, so get free Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and many times these smaller companies work with independent agents.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to lower your Nissan Juke insurance rates in Oklahoma City. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Oklahoma City auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Nissan Juke insurance in Oklahoma City
Truthfully, the best way to save on Nissan Juke insurance in Oklahoma City is to compare prices once a year from companies who provide auto insurance in Oklahoma.
- Read and learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a substandard credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Start a quote
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)