Want to learn the secrets to finding lower-priced car insurance rates in Oklahoma City, OK? Oklahoma City drivers have many options when trying to find the best price on Lincoln Mark LT insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to shop for car insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Lincoln and obtain the lowest price from Oklahoma City insurance agents and online providers.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lincoln Mark LT in Oklahoma City, buying insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mark LT has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Oklahoma overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Lower rate quotes on Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Oklahoma City with these seven auto insurance discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply. If you don’t get every credit available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Oklahoma City auto insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO may permit one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better auto insurance rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure several vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount should help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, student away at school, good student, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for drive less, teen safety rewards, homeowner, teen safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for switch companies, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, and business and professional.
- AAA has discounts for pay-in-full, good student, multi-car, education and occupation, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
- USAA offers premium reductions for safe driver, good student, annual mileage, loyalty savings, new vehicle, and driver training.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in every state. To view auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Oklahoma City, click here to view.
Car insurance is available from local agents
Many drivers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Most agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important especially in Oklahoma City.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Oklahoma City that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on a provider requires you to look at more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Oklahoma?
Car insurance company ratings
Selecting the best company can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Oklahoma City. The information displayed below can help you analyze which providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Insurance can be complex
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- What is the minimum liability in Oklahoma?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Can good grades get a discount?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance 101
Having a good grasp of insurance helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things like court costs, medical services and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Oklahoma requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The chart below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Lincoln Mark LT.
Due to the fact that many Oklahoma drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/25 in Oklahoma), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Mark LT from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Mark LT to bring the cost down.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills for things like EMT expenses, funeral costs and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as rock chips in glass, hail damage, damage from getting keyed and damage from flooding. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
We just presented some good ideas how to compare Lincoln Mark LT insurance premium rates in Oklahoma City. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
Cheaper Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Oklahoma City can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Oklahoma City insurance agents, so you need to quote Oklahoma City auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and these regional carriers work with local independent agents.
How to find the cheapest rates for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Oklahoma City
Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to compare quotes once a year from different companies that insure vehicles in Oklahoma. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
Step 1: Read and learn about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Mark LT insurance in Oklahoma City. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)