Would you prefer to buy more affordable Honda HR-V insurance in Oklahoma City? Finding cheaper Honda HR-V insurance in Oklahoma City could be challenging for drivers who have little experience comparing rates online. With so many agents and insurers available, it can easily become a real hassle to find a more affordable company.
A recent survey discovered that a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Oklahoma consumers could save themselves roughly 35% a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
How to shop Honda HR-V insurance online
The are a couple different ways to get quotes from many available auto insurance companies in Oklahoma. The fastest way to find the lowest Honda HR-V rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area helps you find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online Oklahoma City HR-V insurance quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Oklahoma. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Discounts for affordable insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous insurance savings. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you inexpensive Honda HR-V insurance in Oklahoma City.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to see a list of providers with discount rates in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A small number of people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower prices and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is still important in Oklahoma City.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get some free quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Oklahoma City that may be able to give pricing information.
- Freeland Insurance, LLC
6017 Shiloh Dr – Oklahoma City, OK 73179 – (405) 692-6106 – View Map
- Econo-Wise Insurance Agency, Inc.
2705 SW 29th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73119 – (405) 682-6699 – View Map
1225 W Britton Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73114 – (405) 842-2377 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Oklahoma City willing to provide price quotes.
- Ken Shelton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10901 S Western Ave a – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 378-0407 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
6218 Northwest Expy – Oklahoma City, OK 73132 – (405) 384-1518 – View Map
- Jerry Black – State Farm Insurance Agent
12325 N May Ave #117 – Oklahoma City, OK 73120 – (405) 751-1860 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
If you get positive responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind consumers can cancel a policy for any reason so don’t assume that you’re stuck with your new company for the entire policy term.
How to know if you need help
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What are good deductibles for a Honda HR-V?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Does my Honda HR-V qualify for pleasure use?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
How many coverages with the same company – The majority of companies will give better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage – Letting your insurance expire will be a sure-fire way to bump up your auto insurance costs. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Your job may affect premiums – Occupations such as doctors, executives, and accountants usually pay higher rates than average because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations like professors, historians and homemakers pay the least.
Men are more aggressive – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. They both cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young males are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Pay more out-of-pocket – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims are a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
Prices are affected by your address – Having an address in a rural area has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers in populated areas tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate.
Get a ticket, pay higher rates – How you drive impacts premiums far more than you think. Having a single driving citation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have gotten careless violations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda HR-V in Oklahoma City, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your HR-V, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Honda for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your Honda and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Best auto insurance in Oklahoma
Choosing the top car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Oklahoma City. The information in the next section may help you decide which car insurance companies to look at buying from.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
We just presented a lot of ways to save on Honda HR-V insurance in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When you buy Oklahoma City auto insurance online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to buy affordable Honda HR-V insurance in Oklahoma City
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest Honda HR-V insurance is to compare quotes annually from companies who sell insurance in Oklahoma City.
- It will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as speeding and bad credit can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper HR-V coverage is available in Oklahoma City. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. This enables a level playing field and maximum price selection.
More information is available at the links below
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oklahoma City Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)