A recent survey discovered that the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Oklahoma drivers could pocket about 35% a year, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they changed companies.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from providers in Oklahoma City.
- Try to learn a little about coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Oklahoma City. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to analyze every company you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Best Fiat 500 insurance rate quotes in Oklahoma
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Oklahoma. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Save Money with These Tips
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other factors are less obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
- Vehicle risk influences premiums – The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest performance passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Drivers with responsible credit save on auto insurance – Having a good credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit score could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Fiat 500 if you clean up your credit.
- Safer vehicles save money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
- Lower annual miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Almost all companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating properly reflects annual mileage, because it can save money. Improper usage on your 500 is just wasting money.
Insurance loss probability for a Fiat 500 – Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when setting premium costs. Models that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure.
The data below shows the loss history for Fiat 500 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Fiat 500 Models Specific Fiat Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer many types of discounts on Fiat 500 insurance in Oklahoma City
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to study vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Oklahoma City could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up digitally online.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for youthful driver, good student, safe driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, and driver training.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online signing, good student, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Allstate offers discounts for economy car, multi-policy, early signing, anti-lock brakes, resident student, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide may include discounts for easy pay, business or organization, defensive driving, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, and family plan.
- MetLife includes discounts for good student, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, and accident-free.
If you need the cheapest Fiat 500 rate quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in your state.
Local Oklahoma City insurance agencies
A lot of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is definitely important in Oklahoma City.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Oklahoma City that can give you free Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you need to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know how they are different since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Oklahoma City that may be able to give pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Oklahoma City who can help you get price quote information.
Deciding on a car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How are claims handled?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is there a local claims center in Oklahoma City?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
The cheapest Fiat 500 insurance in Oklahoma City is available both online as well as from independent agents in Oklahoma City, so you need to shop Oklahoma City auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers work with local independent agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Nurses in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Oklahoma City Car Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)