Are you looking for a better way to compare the cheapest Dodge Nitro insurance in Oklahoma City? Overpriced Dodge Nitro insurance in Oklahoma City can overdraw your checking account and force you to make sacrifices. Comparing rates annually can lower your rates and help to tighten up your finances.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who get price comparisons are likely to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding lower prices. A recent car insurance study discovered that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved over $860 a year as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance is why you’re here, then learning about how to choose a company and compare coverage rates can make shopping around easier.
Steps to buying low-cost Dodge Nitro insurance in Oklahoma City
The best way to find better pricing on Dodge Nitro insurance in Oklahoma City is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Oklahoma. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn a little about the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as your driving record and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details. This article provides more information to get cheaper coverage and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every price quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Multiple car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to find the absolute cheapest price on Dodge Nitro insurance in Oklahoma City.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage periodically since prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Dodge Nitro insurance in Oklahoma City a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to find great coverage at a great price.
If you already have coverage, you should be able to reduce premiums using these tips. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Oklahoma City is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Although Oklahoma consumers must understand how insurance companies determine what you pay and take advantage of how the system works.
How to compare Oklahoma City Dodge Nitro insurance quotes
When shopping for Dodge Nitro insurance in Oklahoma City there are multiple ways of comparing rates from car insurance companies in your area. The easiest way to compare Dodge Nitro insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to physically go to different agent offices. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the extra assistance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. However, consumers can compare online quotes and have a local agent actually service the policy.
When price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes increases your odds of finding a better price. Some companies don’t provide rate quotes online, so you need to compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The data table displayed below outlines detailed analysis of prices for Dodge Nitro models. Having a better idea how rate quotes are established is important for you to make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$272||$476||$684||$40||$204||$1,676||$140|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$272||$476||$684||$40||$204||$1,676||$140|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$312||$476||$684||$40||$204||$1,716||$143|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$312||$476||$684||$40||$204||$1,716||$143|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$312||$476||$684||$40||$204||$1,716||$143|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$312||$580||$684||$40||$204||$1,820||$152|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$312||$580||$684||$40||$204||$1,820||$152|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$312||$580||$684||$40||$204||$1,820||$152|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$312||$580||$684||$40||$204||$1,820||$152|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$352||$580||$684||$40||$204||$1,860||$155|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific Oklahoma City garaging location which can increase or decrease premiums noticeably.
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Dodge Nitro yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Auto insurance premiums by gender
The example below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Nitro car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Nitro yearly insurance costs with and without full coverage. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no set rule to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Nitro book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 annually for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Oklahoma City, auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge Nitro, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Oklahoma is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always remember that when buying your policy, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Dodge Nitro?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
The coverage is in the details
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage covers damage to your Nitro from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible on your Nitro to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from getting keyed, falling objects, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Dodge Nitro.
Due to the fact that many Oklahoma drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for things like funeral costs, hospital visits, ambulance fees and doctor visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs, medical services, bail bonds and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Oklahoma state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Lower-priced car insurance in Oklahoma City can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have price quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
When searching for the cheapest Dodge Nitro rate quotes, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions or being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
How to find cheaper rates for Dodge Nitro insurance in Oklahoma City
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper Dodge Nitro insurance is to regularly compare prices from providers that sell auto insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Oklahoma City. If you find a better price and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)