Remarkably, a study showed that nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Oklahoma City drivers can save almost 35% each year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies who sell auto insurance in Oklahoma City.
- First, try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like multiple speeding tickets and a low credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper 200 coverage is available in Oklahoma City. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Compare Oklahoma City Chrysler 200 insurance rate quotes
Most of the larger companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get price estimates on the web. Obtaining pricing for Chrysler 200 insurance in Oklahoma City can be done by anyone as you just type in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. After you complete the form, their quoting system will order information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to do this in order to find the most affordable premium.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with your coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will receive a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Choosing 200 insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Oklahoma City, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Chrysler 200, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards both your Chrysler 200 and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $800 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
How You Can Control Chrysler 200 Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are more obscure such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are some of the items used by your company to calculate rates.
Do you know your coverage deductibles? – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Add-on coverages you don’t use – There are many optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your 200 policy. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
Lower premiums for vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If your Chrysler 200 scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
Vehicle theft costs us all – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop car theft.
Younger drivers pay more – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable. Inexperience drivers have been known to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Amount of liability protection – Liability insurance will afford coverage if you are responsible for damages from an accident. This coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Chrysler 200 claim data – Companies use past insurance losses when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more to insure. The table below outlines the loss history for Chrysler 200 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chrysler 200 2WD||117||113||116||174||189||152|
|Chrysler 200 4WD||117||112||108||127|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Chrysler 200 insurance in Oklahoma City
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Oklahoma City car insurance online.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Oklahoma City car insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better prices if you take out a life policy as well.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for reduced rates.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Oklahoma City car insurance online.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for daytime running lights, membership and employees, military active duty, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, and federal employee.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good student
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, accident-free, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for age of vehicle, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, professional/association, good driver, and multi-car.
- 21st Century offers discounts including defensive driver, teen driver, student driver, good student, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and early bird.
- Allstate may include discounts for EZ pay plan discount, passive restraint, 55 and retired, early signing, premier plus, safe driver, and good student.
When quoting, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered in your state. To see car insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Oklahoma, follow this link.
Car insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Many drivers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Oklahoma City who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Oklahoma City?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Below is a short list of insurers in Oklahoma City that can give you comparison quotes for Chrysler 200 insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Becky Stevens – State Farm Insurance Agent
7105 W Hefner Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73162 – (405) 722-0004 – View Map
- Lynnae Insurance Group
5119 N Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 217-8851 – View Map
- Anderson Insurance
10325 Greenbriar Pl – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 794-9500 – View Map
- Freeland Insurance, LLC
6017 Shiloh Dr – Oklahoma City, OK 73179 – (405) 692-6106 – View Map
Ratings for Oklahoma car insurance companies
Selecting a highly-rated car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices there are in Oklahoma City. The company ratings listed below could help you analyze which insurers to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Quote often and quote early
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including high prices, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can reduce Chrysler 200 insurance premium rates online in Oklahoma City. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Oklahoma City car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)