Do you need a better way to compare low-cost Chevy Spark EV insurance in Oklahoma City? I really doubt anyone likes buying insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high.
It’s hard to fathom, but over 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Most drivers in Oklahoma City could save nearly 35% every year just by comparing rates, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates and save money.
How to find cheaper rates for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Oklahoma City
The best way we recommend to get affordable Chevy Spark EV insurance is to compare prices regularly from different companies in Oklahoma City.
First, read about coverages and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations, accidents, and a poor credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more ideas to get low prices and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Oklahoma City. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. Be sure to safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. This provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
Companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate all claim big savings with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the geckos and flying pigs and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
When looking for cheaper Oklahoma City car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rates from insurance companies in your area. The easiest way by far to comparison shop consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Doing online quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to drive around to each insurance agency near you. Buying insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional abilities only provided by licensed agents. Although, it is possible comparison shop your insurance online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area will increase your chances of finding the best price. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so it’s important to compare price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons to insure your Spark EV
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Spark EV insurance, paying for auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $850 per year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Some companies don’t necessarily list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Life Insurance – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Oklahoma City car insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will positively reduce your overall bill.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- AAA discounts include good driver, multi-policy, education and occupation, multi-car, good student, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, driver’s education, good student, defensive driving training, student away at school, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance includes discounts for emergency road assistance, online quote, anti-lock brakes, renters, paid-in-full, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, anti-theft, family plan, and easy pay.
When quoting, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with the best discounts in Oklahoma, click this link.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Does my Chevy Spark EV need full coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Oklahoma?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Exclusive or independent car insurance agents
A lot of people would rather go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You never need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Oklahoma City?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Different types of Oklahoma City auto insurance agents
When researching an insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agents in Oklahoma City may be either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Oklahoma City who may provide you with price quote information.
Ed Dater – State Farm Insurance Agent
6700 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 634-0504 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you will want to compare quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Oklahoma City willing to provide rate quotes.
After getting good responses as well as a price you’re happy with, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles. Just remember you are entitled to terminate coverage whenever you want so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with a specific company for a certain time period.
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Chevy Spark EV.
Since many Oklahoma drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/25 in Oklahoma), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills for things like chiropractic care, funeral costs, dental work, X-ray expenses and nursing services. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses, legal defense fees and court costs. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Oklahoma requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The next chart shows why minimum state limits may not be adequate coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage covers damage to your Spark EV resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible on your Spark EV to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird, fire damage and hail damage. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Smart consumers save more
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider can be pretty painless.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to lower your Chevy Spark EV insurance car insurance rates in Oklahoma City. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Oklahoma City car insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chevrolet Spark EV insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company.
A few companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies. Cheaper auto insurance in Oklahoma City is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis.
How to quote cheaper Chevy Spark EV insurance in Oklahoma City
The preferred way to find affordable Chevy Spark EV insurance in Oklahoma City is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in Oklahoma.
- Try to comprehend how companies set rates and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a negative credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Oklahoma City. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
More information can be read at the links below
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)