Finding more affordable Chevy Bolt insurance in Oklahoma City is always frustrating for drivers new to buying insurance online. With dozens of insurers to choose from, it can easily be a real challenge to locate the lowest prices.
It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop for lower rates are inclined to switch to a new company because there is a great chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent study showed that people who make a habit of shopping around saved $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price on Chevy Bolt insurance is why you’re reading this, then learning about how to shop and compare coverage rates can make the process more efficient.
Consumers should take time to check car insurance prices quite often because car insurance rates change regularly. If you had the lowest premium rates on Chevy Bolt insurance in Oklahoma City at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to quote online to buy cheaper Chevy Bolt insurance in Oklahoma City.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Oklahoma City can be easy if you know a few tricks. Essentially each driver who shops for car insurance stands a good chance to be able to find better rates. Although Oklahoma vehicle owners benefit from understanding how insurance companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from lots of Oklahoma insurance companies. One of the best ways to compare rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
When price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes increases your odds of finding more affordable rates.
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Oklahoma. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get discounts on Oklahoma City auto insurance
Some providers do not advertise every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Oklahoma City and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount should definitely cut your policy cost.
Popular auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, passive restraint, and accident-free.
- American Family may have discounts that include bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, air bags, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts including good student, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-car, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, anti-theft, multi-policy, air bags, federal employee, emergency military deployment, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including annual mileage, location of vehicle, accident-free, anti-theft, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for early shopping, homeowner, mature driver, multi-car, youthful driver, distant student, and switch companies.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Oklahoma City, click here.
Getting quotes from local Oklahoma City insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower prices and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Oklahoma City should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Oklahoma City?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance policy providers are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Below are Oklahoma City exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- Kevin Murphy – State Farm Insurance Agent
1707 S Morgan Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73128 – (405) 265-2500 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
6218 Northwest Expy – Oklahoma City, OK 73132 – (405) 384-1518 – View Map
- Ken Shelton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10901 S Western Ave a – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 378-0407 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Oklahoma City that can give you comparison quotes.
- Thomas Baste Insurance Agency
8503 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 604-5600 – View Map
- Scott Godwin Insurance Agency – OKC Insurance
9026 SE 29th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73150 – (405) 600-6400 – View Map
- Knight’s Insurance Agency
3825 NW 23rd St – Oklahoma City, OK 73107 – (405) 946-0111 – View Map
The Chevy Bolt Insurance Rate Equation
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in big savings. Multiple criteria are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but some are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
No policy claims equals lower prices – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Oklahoma give cheaper rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Alarm systems save money – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
How many coverages with the same company – Most companies will award better rates to policyholders who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
Know your vehicle’s safety rating – Safer cars get lower rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid and thus lower rates.
Age of drivers impacts premiums – Inexperience drivers are proven to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
Get cheaper rates after the wedding – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums when shopping for car insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Oklahoma City Bolt insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also cover medical bills that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Oklahoma is wasting up to $750 every year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Chevy Bolt insurance car insurance rates online in Oklahoma City. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a small local company.
Cheap Chevy Bolt insurance in Oklahoma City is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Oklahoma City agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
When you buy Oklahoma City car insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
How to find cheaper Chevy Bolt insurance in Oklahoma City
Really, the only way to get more affordable Chevy Bolt insurance in Oklahoma City is to compare quotes annually from different companies who sell insurance in Oklahoma.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like multiple speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)