It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who shop around for the cheapest price are highly likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study showed that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved an average of $850 each year compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price on Nissan 350Z insurance is why you’re here, then having a grasp of how to choose a company and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable Nissan 350Z insurance is to annually compare prices from companies who sell insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but some need to be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could qualify for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper 350Z insurance.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Oklahoma City can save a few bucks because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Sign Online – Some companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Oklahoma City car insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a course in defensive driver may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
If you would like to view insurance companies that offer discounts in Oklahoma City, click here to view.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize car insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as how much education you have, level of coverage desired, the type of vehicles you drive, and driver ages. That information is sent automatically to all major companies and you will receive price estimates very quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Nissan 350Z now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Oklahoma. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Local neighborhood agents and car insurance
Many drivers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information gets sent to companies in Oklahoma City who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Oklahoma City should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
When researching a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they function. Oklahoma City agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. These agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Oklahoma City that are able to give price quotes.
- Kevin Murphy – State Farm Insurance Agent
1707 S Morgan Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73128 – (405) 265-2500 – View Map
- State Farm: Vicky Richey Insurance Agency Inc
8601 S Walker Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 635-0677 – View Map
- David Hoffhines – State Farm Insurance Agent
6444 Northwest Expy #450 – Oklahoma City, OK 73132 – (405) 787-1111 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Oklahoma City that are able to give price quote information.
- Action Plus Insurance Agency
9005 S May Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 631-9009 – View Map
- Multi Quote Insurance
2101 SW 71st St – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 604-5999 – View Map
- AIM Insurance Agency LLC
3200 N May Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 949-9977 – View Map
Keep this in mind when shopping around
There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and these regional carriers only sell through independent agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Oklahoma City can be found both online and with local Oklahoma City insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Nissan 350Z insurance prices in Oklahoma City. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)