It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy are highly likely to buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A survey found that people who shopped around every year saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to find companies and compare coverages can make it easier to find better rates.
The preferred way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Read about auto insurance and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that cause high rates like multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Buy Oklahoma City Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance online
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Oklahoma City, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Oklahoma and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Mercedes-Benz at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Mercedes-Benz gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your SLS AMG are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Oklahoma is overpaying more than $700 annually so shop around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Many things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are less obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your prices.
With age comes responsibility – Inexperience drivers are known to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets.
Marriage reduces risk – Being married may save some money on car insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Don’t get traffic citations – Only having one driving citation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have severe violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Improve your credit rating – Credit score will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG if you clean up your credit.
How much liability insurance – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you if ever you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Save annual miles and save money – Driving more miles each year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your SLS AMG can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your car insurance coverage reflects how each vehicle is driven.
Where you reside is a factor – Having an address in a rural area has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Residents of big cities have to deal with more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Most insurance companies apply lower prices to policyholders who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Do the work, save more money
Affordable Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Oklahoma City is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies.
When searching for affordable Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance quotes, never reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to shop for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Additional learning opportunities
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- How Much is Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Oklahoma City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)