Comparison shopping for cheap Mazda CX-9 insurance in Oklahoma City may be kind of frustrating for drivers new to comparison shopping online. Because there are so many companies competing online, it can be a difficult mission to find the lowest price on Mazda CX-9 insurance.
Unimaginable but true, most consumers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Oklahoma City drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Mazda CX-9 Insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
You might want pay the small auto insurance claims yourself – Companies in Oklahoma give cheaper rates to drivers who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
Get better rates if married – Having a spouse can get you a discount compared to being single. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Reduce prices by driving safer vehicles – Safer cars get lower rates. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If the Mazda CX-9 has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
Car insurance liability protection limits – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection when you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Insurance loss data for a Mazda CX-9 – Insurance companies analyze the history of losses to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Mazda CX-9 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
|Specific Mazda Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mazda CX-9 4dr 2WD||87||108||74||87||95||89|
|Mazda CX-9 4dr 4WD||89||109||92||80||76||77|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Analysis of Mazda CX-9 rates
The price information shown below covers detailed analysis of insurance costs for Mazda CX-9 models. Understanding more about how rates are figured can help customers make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-9 Sport 2WD||$290||$434||$462||$28||$138||$1,352||$113|
|CX-9 Grand Touring 2WD||$290||$510||$462||$28||$138||$1,428||$119|
|CX-9 Sport AWD||$290||$510||$462||$28||$138||$1,428||$119|
|CX-9 Touring 2WD||$290||$510||$462||$28||$138||$1,428||$119|
|CX-9 Touring AWD||$290||$510||$462||$28||$138||$1,428||$119|
|CX-9 Grand Touring AWD||$322||$510||$462||$28||$138||$1,460||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change price quotes noticeably.
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Mazda CX-9 insurance premiums for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders can raise Mazda CX-9 annual premium costs for each age group. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Mazda CX-9 insurance costs by gender and age in Oklahoma City
The information below visualizes the comparison of Mazda CX-9 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Mazda CX-9 insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premiums are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no written rule for phasing out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Mazda CX-9 claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $500 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Don’t overlook these Mazda CX-9 insurance discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before being credited.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- College Student – Any of your kids who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Oklahoma City auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow companies to spy on driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a safe driver class is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Buy New and Save – Putting car insurance coverage on a new CX-9 can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Oklahoma City auto insurance quote. This discount can apply up to age 25.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below shows the difference between Mazda CX-9 insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no violations or claims, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- Esurance offers premium reductions for anti-theft, renters, claim free, Pac-12 alumni, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, air bag, and driver training.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- GEICO has savings for anti-theft, daytime running lights, good student, seat belt use, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and military active duty.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, good driver, defensive driving training, multiple autos, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
If you are trying to find cheaper Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not be offered in every state. To find insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Oklahoma City, click here to view.
Cheaper rates are available
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost.
Some insurance providers may not offer rates over the internet and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Oklahoma City can be found on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
How to find discount Mazda CX-9 insurance in Oklahoma City
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get discount Mazda CX-9 insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like traffic citations and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Much more information about auto insurance in Oklahoma can be found at the links below
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)