It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who shop around annually are very likely to move their business because they have good chances of finding lower rate quotes. Remarkably, a study showed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $850 each year compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly Mazda 2 insurance in Oklahoma City is why you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of the best way to quote and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper Mazda 2 insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who sell insurance in Oklahoma City. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, try to understand auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Get cheap Mazda 2 insurance in Oklahoma City with discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better premium rates.
- E-sign – A handful of companies will give a small break simply for signing online.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, accident-free, driver’s education, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- American Family offers discounts for early bird, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, good student, and bundled insurance.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, multi-vehicle, military active duty, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, professional/association, good driver, accident-free, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for early shopping, mature driver, distant student, business and professional, and pay in full.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Oklahoma City. To choose insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Oklahoma City, click this link.
It’s important to know that having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company allows you to get price estimates online, so it’s necessary to compare price quotes from them as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Oklahoma. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When buying a policy, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the best rates and also buy local.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Oklahoma City that provide free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Oklahoma City?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Oklahoma City
When finding an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. They are highly trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Oklahoma City exclusive agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Jerry Black – State Farm Insurance Agent
12325 N May Ave #117 – Oklahoma City, OK 73120 – (405) 751-1860 – View Map
- Tony Brummitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
9509 N Council Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73162 – (405) 721-1423 – View Map
- Kevin Murphy – State Farm Insurance Agent
1707 S Morgan Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73128 – (405) 265-2500 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with different regional companies which can save you money.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Oklahoma City who can help you get rate quotes.
- Professional Insurors Agency, LLC
7301 Broadway Ext – Oklahoma City, OK 73116 – (405) 843-9191 – View Map
- State Auto Insurance Agency Inc
4717 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73109 – (405) 631-5575 – View Map
- Freeland Insurance, LLC
6017 Shiloh Dr – Oklahoma City, OK 73179 – (405) 692-6106 – View Map
Upon receiving acceptable answers to any questions you have as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have just found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles. But remember, you have the power to cancel coverage whenever you wish so don’t think you’re contractually obligated to your new company for the full term.
Persistence pays off
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Mazda 2 insurance prices in Oklahoma City. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When getting Oklahoma City car insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)