The best way we recommend to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from providers that sell auto insurance in Oklahoma City.
Step 1: Try to understand how car insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that increase rates such as traffic citations and a negative credit score can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and get additional discounts.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies. View rates
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new company or agent. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who do rate comparisons are highly likely to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A study showed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $72 a month compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance in Oklahoma City is your target objective, then learning a little about the best ways to shop for auto insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Oklahoma. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance in Oklahoma serves several purposes
Despite the potentially high cost of Lincoln Continental insurance, paying for car insurance is required in Oklahoma but it also protects you in many ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, more than likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, car insurance protects your Lincoln Continental and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Continental greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is wasting up to $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Lincoln Continental Insurance
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower insurance prices. Many things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Prevent theft and save – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping auto theft.
Youthful vs. mature drivers – Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive your Lincoln every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Continental is throwing money out the window.
Incidental coverages you don’t need – There are many additional extra coverages that you can buy on your Continental policy. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
Combine home and auto and save – Most major insurers apply a discount for people that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find a better deal even if you insure with multiple companies
Verify you’re applying every discount
Some companies don’t always advertise all discounts very clearly, so the following list contains both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Oklahoma City drivers who stay claim-free pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Life Insurance – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better car insurance rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Oklahoma City car insurance quote.
- Telematics Discount – Oklahoma City drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to track where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Oklahoma City car insurance quote.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will cut your car insurance premiums.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, defensive driver, seat belt use, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including good student, home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, driver training, and multi-car.
- Nationwide offers discounts for multi-policy, defensive driving, easy pay, business or organization, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include homeowner, multi-car, teen driver, youthful driver, and switch companies.
- Esurance has savings for online quote, renters, good student, Pac-12 alumni, DriveSense, and online shopper.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, anti-theft, multiple autos, good driver, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for type of vehicle, location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, good student, annual mileage, and good driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions can help discover if you will benefit from professional help.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Oklahoma?
- What is the minimum liability in Oklahoma?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Compare rates but still have a local Oklahoma City insurance agent
Certain consumers would rather go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Oklahoma City who will give you bids for your business. You don’t have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Oklahoma City may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can do a good job, but we need to point out the subtle differences because it can influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are Oklahoma City exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Eva Herrera
2519 NW 23rd St #140 – Oklahoma City, OK 73107 – (405) 301-8162 – View Map
- Charles Reagan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5001 N Pennsylvania Ave #305 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 840-3731 – View Map
- Ken Shelton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10901 S Western Ave a – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 378-0407 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also write with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Oklahoma City who can help you get price quote information.
- Dan Ryan Insurance
6300 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 631-6300 – View Map
1225 W Britton Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73114 – (405) 842-2377 – View Map
- Russ Warren Insurance Agency
3431 NW 36th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 947-6745 – View Map
Upon receiving reasonable responses for all questions you ask as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you can always terminate coverage at any point so don’t feel that you’re stuck with the auto insurance policy for any length of time.
How much can you save?
Low-cost Lincoln Continental insurance in Oklahoma City can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers sell through local independent agents.
You just read many ideas to get a better price on Lincoln Continental insurance in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Additional car insurance information can be found at the links below
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)