It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who rate shop once a year are likely to buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who shopped around saved as much as $72 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance in Oklahoma City is why you’re reading this, knowing the best ways to shop for insurance coverage can save time and make the process easier.
The best way we recommend to find cheaper prices for Lexus CT 200h insurance in Oklahoma City is to regularly compare prices from insurers who can sell car insurance in Oklahoma.
- Step 1: Try to learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like traffic citations and your credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for instructions to get affordable coverage and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on CT 200h insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the concepts you’re about to learn. Choosing the best rates in Oklahoma City is actually quite easy if you know where to start. But Oklahoma drivers must know how big insurance companies market insurance on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
When shopping for inexpensive Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from all the different companies. The easiest way to find the cheapest Lexus CT 200h insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Doing online price quotes comparisons is so easy that it takes the place of having to waste gas driving to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the trained guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. Although, it is possible comparison shop your insurance online but buy the policy through an agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide rate quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Save money with these seven discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Telematics Discount – Oklahoma City drivers who agree to allow their auto insurance company to monitor vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better prices.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Lexus can earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- E-sign – Some larger companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on the web.
- Club Memberships – Being in a qualifying organization could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- 21st Century may include discounts for defensive driver, air bags, driver training, student driver, and teen driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, anti-theft, good driver, accident-free, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, multi-policy, multi-car, good student, and pay-in-full.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, new graduate, good student, multi-car, and new vehicle discount.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
Before buying, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To see auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Oklahoma City, click this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Oklahoma City car insurance agent
A small number of people still like to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is sent to companies in Oklahoma City who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How long has the business existed?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only write with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Oklahoma City that can give you price quote information.
Charles Reagan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5001 N Pennsylvania Ave #305 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 840-3731 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you compare prices from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Oklahoma City that are able to give price quote information.
Dan Ryan Insurance
6300 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 631-6300 – View Map
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as legal defense fees, loss of income, pain and suffering, structural damage and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Oklahoma state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why minimum state limits may not be enough coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your CT 200h to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and hitting a deer. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses for ambulance fees, surgery, doctor visits and nursing services. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Compare insurance prices regularly to save
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Lower-priced insurance in Oklahoma City can be sourced on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Lexus CT 200h insurance car insurance rates in Oklahoma City. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with the smaller companies. These companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
More information is located at these links:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)