A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never quoted car insurance rates at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save almost $859 each year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Really, the only way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who can sell car insurance in Oklahoma City.
- First, take a little time to learn about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Oklahoma City. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Oklahoma City is not that difficult. If you already have coverage, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using these tips. Nevertheless, Oklahoma drivers must comprehend the way companies set your policy premium.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Oklahoma City could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Oklahoma City car insurance quote.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Range Rover insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to spy on their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, good student, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including new vehicle, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and family discount.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- American Family includes discounts for Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, accident-free, early bird, and air bags.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for safety device, multi-car, Switch & Save, DriveSense, online shopper, and emergency road assistance.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include switch companies, bundle discounts, homeowner, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, and good student.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, multiple autos, driver’s education, and Drive Safe & Save.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Oklahoma City. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Oklahoma City, click this link.
The best way to get policy rate comparisons for Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Oklahoma City is to know the trick almost all companies have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data including if your license is active, how much coverage you want, if the vehicle is leased, and how many miles driven. The rating information is sent automatically to multiple top-rated companies and you receive quotes very quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Land Rover Range Rover now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Oklahoma City.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to the best car insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Oklahoma?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Local Oklahoma City car insurance agents and insurance
Some consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find lower prices and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Oklahoma City who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How long have they been in business?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Different types of car insurance agents in Oklahoma City
When narrowing the list to find a good Oklahoma City insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents in Oklahoma City are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. These agents are highly trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Oklahoma City willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ciani Portillo
3200 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73109 – (405) 635-1212 – View Map
- Tony Brummitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
9509 N Council Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73162 – (405) 721-1423 – View Map
- Tom Woodward – State Farm Insurance Agent
4401 W Memorial Rd #115 – Oklahoma City, OK 73134 – (405) 755-5958 – View Map
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to less well-known companies which may have better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Oklahoma City that are able to give price quotes.
- Actionplus Insurance Agency
5831 NW 23rd St – Oklahoma City, OK 73127 – (405) 702-9009 – View Map
- Anderson Insurance
10325 Greenbriar Pl – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 794-9500 – View Map
- State Auto Insurance Agency Inc
4717 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73109 – (405) 631-5575 – View Map
If you receive reasonable responses for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, you may have found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide insurance.
Oklahoma auto insurance companies
Finding a high-quality auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Oklahoma City. The ranking data in the lists below may help you analyze which auto insurance companies to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
We just showed you some good ideas how you can reduce Land Rover Range Rover insurance rates online in Oklahoma City. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Oklahoma City car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best rates are with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)