A recent insurance study discovered that a large majority of insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Oklahoma drivers could cut their rates by nearly 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
Truthfully, the best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to do an annual price comparison from providers who provide car insurance in Oklahoma.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price like speeding and a poor credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Oklahoma City. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. Don’t forget to store the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Choosing the best rates in Oklahoma City seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you already have coverage or just want cheaper coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to reduce the price you pay and still have adequate protection. You just need to know how to get comparison quotes from many different companies.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper rates with these money saving discounts
Car insurance companies do not list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious insurance savings.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- 21st Century includes discounts for homeowners, driver training, air bags, automatic seat belts, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, driver’s education, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and safe vehicle.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good driver, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-car, pay-in-full, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, new graduate, safety features, exclusive group savings, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Savings may not be offered in Oklahoma City. To see a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in Oklahoma City, click here.
Auto insurance agents can help
Many drivers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Oklahoma City that can give you free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. A good agent in Oklahoma City will have answers to these questions.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Oklahoma City?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Oklahoma City?
If you would like to find a good Oklahoma City insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can either be independent or exclusive. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know how they are different since it can affect your agent selection.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive agencies in Oklahoma City willing to provide price quote information.
Mike Earles – State Farm Insurance Agent
12220 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 691-1115 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Oklahoma City that are able to give price quote information.
Informed Consumers Save Money
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in better auto insurance rates. Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but others are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
How old are your drivers? – Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Inexperience drivers tend to be more careless with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher.
Lower premiums with alarm systems – Buying a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
Lower performance equals lower insurance prices – The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Do you really need to file those insurance claims? – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Oklahoma provide better rates to insureds who are claim-free. Your car insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Most major insurance companies allow a discount to customers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to compare Land Rover LR3 rates in Oklahoma City to ensure the best deal.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Oklahoma City, buying car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Land Rover, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Land Rover for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Land Rover LR3 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Land Rover gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your LR3 more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so you should quote rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Which auto insurance company is best in Oklahoma City?
Ending up with the top insurer is difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Oklahoma. The company information shown next may help you choose which coverage providers to look at when shopping around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Shop smart and save
Budget-conscious Land Rover LR3 insurance is attainable online and also from your neighborhood Oklahoma City agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer price quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
You just read some good ideas how to compare Land Rover LR3 insurance prices in Oklahoma City. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Land Rover LR3 insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oklahoma City Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)