Would you like to stop overpaying and find lower-priced Kia Stinger insurance in Oklahoma City? When looking for lower-cost insurance, do you get frustrated by the dozens of car insurance choices in your area? You’re not alone. Oklahoma consumers have such a large number of options that it can turn into a difficult mission to find a cheaper company. Everyone knows Oklahoma City has lots to offer, but expensive premiums for car insurance can make it impossible to be able to afford adequate coverage.
Remarkably, a study showed that the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in Oklahoma can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find affordable car insurance rates.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to cut your premiums using these methods. The goal of this article is to instruct you on how insurance works and also save some money in the process Although Oklahoma car owners benefit from understanding the way insurance companies determine what you pay because it can help you find the best coverage.
Cheap companies for Kia Stinger insurance
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Get cheap rates on Kia Stinger insurance in Oklahoma City with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the best known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Oklahoma City car insurance online.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm and Allstate permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Telematics Discount – Oklahoma City drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Stinger insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Oklahoma City and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, anti-theft, and good student.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including DriveSense, homeowner, renters, anti-theft, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for multi-policy, teen driver discount, exclusive group savings, good student, newly married, hybrid vehicle, and preferred payment discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for student away at school, paid in full, safe driver, multiple vehicles, safe vehicle, and air bags.
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, driver training, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
When getting free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not apply in Oklahoma City. For a list of insurance companies who offer online Kia Stinger insurance quotes in Oklahoma, click this link.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Kia Stinger Insurance
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that go into determining car insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get big savings.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors car insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Do you know your coverage deductibles? – Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims could be rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Multiple policies with one company – Most major insurance companies will give lower prices to customers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates. Consumers may find a better deal by buying from different companies
- Maintain car insurance coverage – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Oklahoma motor vehicle department.
- A good credit history can save money – Having a good credit rating will be a significant factor in determining your rates. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower ratings. If your credit score could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Stinger if you clean up your credit.
- Careless drivers pay higher rates – Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than bad drivers. Getting just one ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers with serious tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Your employer and car insurance rates – Occupations like doctors, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel usually pay higher average rates attributed to high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, occupations like professors, historians and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
How much insurance do I need?
When it comes to buying a policy, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover if you will benefit from professional help.
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
When do I need to have guidance from an agent?
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Oklahoma City that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price. A good agent in Oklahoma City will have answers to these questions.
- How many years have they been established?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Oklahoma?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Oklahoma City?
Listed below are agents in Oklahoma City that may be willing to give price quote information for Kia Stinger insurance in Oklahoma City.
- AIM Insurance Agency LLC
3200 N May Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 949-9977 – View Map
- Chuck Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
9315 S Pennsylvania Ave b – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 378-8008 – View Map
- Claire Faulkner-Truong – State Farm Insurance Agent
840 NW 50th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 787-2626 – View Map
- Premier Insurance
3232 W Britton Rd # 150 – Oklahoma City, OK 73120 – (405) 285-4040 – View Map
How to find a good Oklahoma car insurance company
Selecting the best company can be difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Oklahoma. The company rank data in the lists below can help you analyze which car insurance companies to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Persistence pays off
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund and even delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies can be pretty painless.
We’ve covered many ideas to save on Kia Stinger insurance in Oklahoma City. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Oklahoma City car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Affordable Kia Stinger insurance in Oklahoma City can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Oklahoma City car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and usually these regional carriers work with local independent agents.
How to find the cheapest rates for Kia Stinger insurance in Oklahoma City
The most effective way to find low-cost Kia Stinger insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from providers in Oklahoma City. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to comprehend how car insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)