Having to pay for high-priced insurance in Oklahoma City can bleed your accounts and force you to cut corners elsewhere. Comparing price quotes can lower your rates and help to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Sadly, a large majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in Oklahoma City could save 35% every year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
How to find discount Kia Soul insurance in Oklahoma City
The best way we recommend to find the cheapest price for Kia Soul insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Oklahoma City.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Soul coverage is available in Oklahoma City. If you find a better price and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Due to the abundance of companies to choose from that have cheaper insurance for a Kia Soul in Oklahoma City, it is very difficult to choose a more affordable insurance company.
It’s a good habit to quote other rates occasionally because insurance prices change regularly. Just because you found the lowest quotes on Kia Soul insurance in Oklahoma City last year you will most likely find a better rate today. There are lots of tips to save on Soul insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some tested techniques to lower your insurance premiums.
Getting quotes for affordable auto insurance in Oklahoma City can be fairly easy. If you have a policy now or just want cheaper rates, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates without reducing protection. Comparison shoppers only have to learn the most time-saving way to compare different rates using one simple form.
Most major insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide prices direct online. Comparing prices online for Kia Soul insurance in Oklahoma City is quite easy as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system collects your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote based on the data you entered. Getting online rate quotes for Kia Soul insurance in Oklahoma City streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get affordable auto insurance pricing.
To save time and find out if lower rates are available, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Oklahoma. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Soul in Oklahoma City, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Kia Soul, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves both your Kia and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $800 each year so shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Rates and statistics
The coverage table displayed next outlines estimates of policy rates for Kia Soul models. Learning as much as possible about how policy rates are formulated can aid in making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase premium rates substantially.
Kia Soul insurance costs by gender and age
The illustration below shows the difference between Kia Soul car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cheaper Oklahoma City insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every discount available very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Oklahoma City car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a safe driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Oklahoma City car insurance but check with your company.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your auto and home policy and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Kia Soul insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include driver training, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, accident-free, good student, claim-free
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including ease of repair, annual mileage, good driver, low natural disaster claims, and type of vehicle.
- 21st Century may include discounts for air bags, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, homeowners, early bird, and teen driver.
- Allstate includes discounts for safe driver, early signing, premier discount, economy car, good payer, and multi-policy.
When getting free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To find insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Oklahoma, follow this link.
Independent and exclusive insurance agencies
A lot of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Oklahoma City.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is emailed to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy car insurance from a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Oklahoma City are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Oklahoma City that can give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Oklahoma City willing to provide price quote information.
Charles Reagan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5001 N Pennsylvania Ave #305 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 840-3731 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Oklahoma City, get answers to these questions.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How many years have they been established?
After receiving good responses to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your car insurance policy. It’s important to know that it’s your policy and you can terminate your policy for any reason so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with any specific company for any length of time.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Kia Soul?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Kia Soul?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Kia Soul?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
A conclusion for your car insurance search
We covered quite a bit of information on how to find affordable Kia Soul insurance in Oklahoma City. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Lower-priced car insurance in Oklahoma City is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Oklahoma City, so you need to shop Oklahoma City car insurance with both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Steps to finding affordable Kia Soul insurance in Oklahoma City
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find discount Kia Soul insurance is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who provide car insurance in Oklahoma City. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Oklahoma City. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)