Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Oklahoma City. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
First, gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic citations and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
One tip to remember is to make sure you're comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with every insurance company. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Shockingly, most drivers in Oklahoma kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. American consumers can save nearly $860 each year, but they feel it's too difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Low Cost companies for Kia Optima insurance
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Analysis of coverages
The rate table below showcases different insurance costs for Kia Optima models. Understanding how auto insurance prices are formulated can help drivers make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change auto insurance rates significantly.
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Kia Optima insurance rates for different age groups. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are more transparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The following are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
Gender is a factor - Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn't necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Kia Optima premium costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Too many insurance claims will drive prices up - If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in Oklahoma award the best rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Teenagers are high risk - Teenage drivers in Oklahoma tend to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. If you've ever had to add a inexperienced driver onto your car insurance can break the bank. Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
The next chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Always keep your policy in force - Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a guaranteed way to increase your car insurance rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Traffic violations increase rates - A bad driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Careful drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Just one speeding ticket can increase rates by as much as twenty percent. People who have multiple violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents can impact Kia Optima insurance costs for each age group. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Better credit means lower costs - Having a good credit history factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Kia Optima by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Consolidate policies and save money - Most larger insurance companies will award lower prices to people that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount applied, it's always a smart idea to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. It's possible to still find lower rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Kia Optima claim statistics - Companies use data from past claims to help determine rates. Models that are shown to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will be charged more to insure. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Kia Optima vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Optima Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Optima 115 101 107 133 142 120 Kia Optima Hybrid 143 115 116 139 158 151BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some companies don't always list every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you aren't receiving every discount possible, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Home Ownership Discount - Simply owning a home can get you a discount because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driver's Education for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver's education in school.
- Memberships - Affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on insurance.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds who allow their company to spy on driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Passing a course teaching defensive driving skills may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Sign Early and Save - Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Kia Optima annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. Data assumes a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for pay in full, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, multi-car, and distant student.
- Esurance offers discounts including defensive driver, emergency road assistance, homeowner, safety device, and multi-car.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, anti-theft, multiple policy, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, military active duty, and seat belt use.
- Allstate may offer discounts for early signing, eSmart discount, good payer, senior citizen, EZ pay plan discount, resident student, and passive restraint.
It's a good idea to ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Compare rates but work with a neighborhood Oklahoma City auto insurance agent
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Oklahoma City who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any agents because prices are sent to you directly. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best provider requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any agent in Oklahoma City should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Oklahoma?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Oklahoma City?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
Two types of car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reputable agency, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it's important to point out why they differ since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. They are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Oklahoma City willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, you will want to check rates from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are independent agencies in Oklahoma City who can help you get comparison quotes.
Once you have received reasonable responses to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly service your car insurance policy.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- What is GAP insurance?
- Am I covered when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Be persistent and save
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
We just covered a lot of techniques to reduce Kia Optima insurance car insurance rates online in Oklahoma City. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Cost effective Kia Optima insurance can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
More learning opportunities
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)