It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who shop around for better prices will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A survey found that drivers who shopped around every year saved approximately $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance is the reason for your visit, then learning a little about how to shop and compare car insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from providers who sell auto insurance in Oklahoma City. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for additional ideas to get cheaper rates and get bigger discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Optima Hybrid coverage is available. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The most important part of this process is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Cheapest companies for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Oklahoma
The following companies offer price comparisons in Oklahoma. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Kia Optima Hybrid insurance discounts in Oklahoma City
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers can get reduced rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Kia can qualify you for slightly better rates than normal.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military can result in better rates.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow their company to spy on their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, good student, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, anti-theft, and driver’s education.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and good student.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for good student, save driver, hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, multi-car, and driver training.
- American Family may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, early bird, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, and mySafetyValet.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for teen driver discount, new move discount, safety features, multi-policy, and new graduate.
Double check with each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in every state.
What Affects Kia Optima Hybrid Insurance Costs?
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower insurance prices.
- Cheaper to insure women? – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Males and females have fender benders in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Keep prices low by being claim-free – Companies in Oklahoma generally give cheaper rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Better credit means lower rates – Having a good credit rating is a big factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Kia Optima Hybrid if you clean up your credit. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit scores.
- Always keep your coverage in place – Driving any period of time without insurance can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Oklahoma department of motor vehicles.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – The majority of insurance companies provide lower prices to buyers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Save money by raising coverage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a dented fender, flood damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- Liability coverage – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Getting married equates to better rates – Having a significant other may earn you lower rates on your policy. It demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
Loss probability for a Kia Optima Hybrid – Insurance companies use statistical claims data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more to insure. The next table shows the loss history for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Optima Hybrid Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Optima Hybrid 143 115 116 139 158 151BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When it comes to coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions may help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What is glass protection for?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Get rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Oklahoma City car insurance agent
Many people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying insurance from local agencies is important particularly in Oklahoma City.
After completing this simple form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Oklahoma City who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Oklahoma City can either be exclusive or independent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Oklahoma City that may be able to give free rate quotes.
- Perimeter Insurance
4200 Perimeter Center Dr – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 778-8880 – View Map
- Knight’s Insurance Agency
3825 NW 23rd St – Oklahoma City, OK 73107 – (405) 946-0111 – View Map
- One General Agency
817 NE 63rd St – Oklahoma City, OK 73105 – (405) 840-9393 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Oklahoma City that are able to give rate quotes.
- Mai McCoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
2800 N Classen Blvd #105 – Oklahoma City, OK 73106 – (405) 524-3327 – View Map
- Chuck Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
9315 S Pennsylvania Ave b – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 378-8008 – View Map
- Becky Stevens – State Farm Insurance Agent
7105 W Hefner Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73162 – (405) 722-0004 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Compare auto insurance prices regularly to save
You just read a lot of tips how to compare Kia Optima Hybrid insurance rates in Oklahoma City. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Budget-conscious Kia Optima Hybrid insurance can be purchased from both online companies and with local Oklahoma City insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not provide online quoting and usually these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)