It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop around for cheaper prices are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding better rates. A study showed that consumers who compared rates annually saved approximately $865 a year as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price on Kia Borrego insurance in Oklahoma City is your ultimate target, then learning a little about how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The recommended way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to compare prices once a year from companies who sell insurance in Oklahoma. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to get better rates and find additional discounts.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Borrego coverage is available in Oklahoma City. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. Once received, place the new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
An important bit of advice to remember is to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
The most recommended method to compare policy rates for Kia Borrego insurance in Oklahoma City is to realize most larger insurance companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. All you need to do is give the companies some data such as whether or not you need a SR-22, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, if it has an alarm system, and the ages of drivers. The rating information is instantly sent to many of the top insurers and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
To compare multiple company cheaper Kia Borrego insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Oklahoma. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Oklahoma City, car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Kia Borrego, most lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $800 each year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
Oklahoma City Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that are used to determine your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you cheaper rates.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your prices.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations. Inexperience drivers are known to be easily distracted when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Driving citations inflate prices – Having a clean driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Having a single driving citation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with severe tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Urban areas may pay more – Living in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Residents of big cities regularly have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. More time behind the wheel translates into higher accident risk.
- Adjust physical damage deductibles and save – Deductibles for physical damage define how much you are required to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – Many insurance companies give lower prices to customers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Drive lots and pay more – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rate. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated Borrego is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy properly reflects the right rating data.
- Too many claims will drive car insurance rates up – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Oklahoma provide cheaper rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- High credit history translates to low rates – An insured’s credit rating is a large factor in your rate calculation. People that have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Borrego by improving your credit score.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
More comparisons equals affordable rates
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce Kia Borrego insurance car insurance rates online in Oklahoma City. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)