Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that almost 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Oklahoma drivers could save themselves almost 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rate quotes.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Kia Amanti insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in Oklahoma City. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Don’t forget to put the proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Locating the best rates in Oklahoma City can be easy if you know a few tricks. But Oklahoma consumers do need to understand the way companies market on the web because it varies considerably.
When shopping for Kia Amanti insurance in Oklahoma City there are multiple ways to obtain and compare prices from all the different companies. The best method to find affordable Kia Amanti insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to make phone calls or go to different agent offices. Quoting Kia Amanti insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional abilities that only a licensed agent can provide. Drivers can get prices online and still use a local agent. When comparison shopping, quoting more helps locate the best rates.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Determine discounts on Oklahoma City car insurance
Companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your bill.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Kia could earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Resident Student – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Oklahoma City and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts as compared to bad drivers.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, good student
- Mercury Insurance has savings for good driver, accident-free, anti-theft, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, and type of vehicle.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including family plan, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, federal employee, good student, anti-lock brakes, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA has discounts for pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-car, good driver, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area. To see insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Oklahoma City, click here to view.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Oklahoma
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Amanti in Oklahoma City, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Kia Amanti but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $850 per year so compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
When to contact an insurance agency
Certain consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is definitely important in Oklahoma City.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that can give you free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Oklahoma?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How often do they review policy coverages?