If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers in Oklahoma City.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. Be sure to put the proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Sadly, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in Oklahoma City could save themselves approximately $550 a year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
The are a couple different ways to compare quotes from companies that offer auto insurance in Oklahoma. The best way to find cheaper Jeep Cherokee rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Comparison shopping price quotes online is easy and it makes it obsolete to spend time driving to insurance agencies in your area. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the professional guidance of a local agency. Some companies do allow you to price shop your coverage online but still have the advice of a local agent. Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons increases your odds of finding the best price.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance in Oklahoma City
Some insurers do not list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Oklahoma City auto insurance online. If you don’t get every credit available, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- New Car Discount – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- Online Discount – Many companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application online.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for youthful driver, teen driver, mature driver, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, student away at school, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly married, safety features, new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, and multi-policy.
- MetLife has savings for accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, good student
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask every company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Oklahoma City. To locate insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Oklahoma, click this link.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help calculate your car insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
Gender impacts costs – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Both sexes cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
Gaps in coverage mean higher rates – Going without insurance is a quick way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Oklahoma DMV.
More traffic means higher claims – Residing in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large Oklahoma cities have more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. More time behind the wheel can result in more accidents.
Liability protection limits should be high – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in in the event that you are determined to be liable for an accident. This coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Insurance losses for a Jeep Cherokee – Insurers use data from past claims as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that statistically have a trend towards higher claims will have higher premium rates. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD||76||105||77||87||90||109|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD||78||115||82||75||79||103|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years