Sadly, a large majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Consumers in Oklahoma City could save approximately 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheap auto insurance rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who provide car insurance in Oklahoma. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a bad credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for additional ideas to prevent rate hikes and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if cheaper X-Type coverage is available in Oklahoma City. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want a better rate, you can learn to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. Finding the lowest cost auto insurance coverage in Oklahoma City is simple if you know the tricks. Drivers just have to use the best way to shop from multiple carriers.
Affordable auto insurance in Oklahoma City, OK
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Slash your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there may be some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- E-sign – Certain car insurance companies will give you a small discount get Oklahoma City auto insurance on the internet.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new X-Type can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a slight reduction on a Oklahoma City auto insurance quote.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Oklahoma City Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, student away at school, driver’s education, safe vehicle, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- Travelers offers discounts including home ownership, new car, continuous insurance, driver training, IntelliDrive, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- American Family discounts include good driver, good student, accident-free, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for safety features, newly married, preferred payment discount, newly retired, multi-car, and new move discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer discounts in Oklahoma, click this link.
Do I need an agent?
A small number of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agencies is important particularly in Oklahoma City.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Oklahoma City that provide free Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
When looking for a good Oklahoma City insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Oklahoma City agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can handle car insurance, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies through many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When comparing car insurance rates, it’s a good idea to check rates from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are Oklahoma City independent insurance agents who may provide free rate quotes.
- One General Agency
817 NE 63rd St – Oklahoma City, OK 73105 – (405) 840-9393 – View Map
- Chris Baxter – Above All Insurance
3632 NW 21st St – Oklahoma City, OK 73107 – (405) 604-8060 – View Map
- Premier Insurance
3232 W Britton Rd # 150 – Oklahoma City, OK 73120 – (405) 285-4040 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive agents in Oklahoma City who can help you get price quote information.
- Matt Pryor – State Farm Insurance Agent
2229 NW 138th St d – Oklahoma City, OK 73134 – (405) 749-8100 – View Map
- Tom Woodward – State Farm Insurance Agent
4401 W Memorial Rd #115 – Oklahoma City, OK 73134 – (405) 755-5958 – View Map
- Shelter Insurance – Paul Michael
8320 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 632-2751 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Oklahoma City?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Ratings for Oklahoma City car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the right car insurance company is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Oklahoma. The ranking information displayed below could help you choose which car insurance providers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheap auto insurance rates are available
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Lower-priced Jaguar X-Type insurance in Oklahoma City can be bought online and also from your neighborhood Oklahoma City agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent and even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)