It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who shop around for the cheapest rate will, in all likelihood, switch companies because the odds are good of finding more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price for Subaru Outback insurance in Oklahoma City is your ultimate target, then having a grasp of how to get rate quotes and compare insurance rates can make it easier to find better rates.
The preferred way to save money on car insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in Oklahoma.
- Read about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a bad credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Oklahoma City. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Once received, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Companies offering Subaru Outback insurance in Oklahoma City
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance statistics and figures
The rate table below outlines estimates of rate quotes for Subaru Outback models. Having knowledge of how insurance rates are figured can benefit drivers when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outback 2.5I Premium||$268||$452||$606||$36||$182||$1,544||$129|
|Outback 2.5I Limited||$268||$452||$606||$36||$182||$1,544||$129|
|Outback 3.6R Premium||$268||$452||$606||$36||$182||$1,544||$129|
|Outback 3.6R Limited||$298||$532||$606||$36||$182||$1,654||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in Oklahoma City location which can impact price quotes noticeably.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The example below illustrates the difference between Subaru Outback auto insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no exact formula for dropping full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Subaru Outback book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but some must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Oklahoma City auto insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable their company to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Oklahoma City auto insurance with certain companies.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount should definitely cut your overall premium however.
The illustration below compares Subaru Outback car insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for driver training, multi-vehicle, good student, safe driver, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-car, newly retired, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, safety features, and hybrid vehicle.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, passive restraint, good driver, driver’s education, student away at school, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include safe vehicle, company car, teen driver, safe driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, and air bags.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, military active duty, air bags, defensive driver, and driver training.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, homeowner, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply to policies in your area.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheaper auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
Two types of Oklahoma City auto insurance agents
When researching a local Oklahoma City insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents that you can select. Car insurance policy providers may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Oklahoma City who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you. When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Oklahoma City who can help you get rate quotes.
Shop smart and save
We just showed you some good ideas how you can find affordable Subaru Outback insurance in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Oklahoma City auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Oklahoma City can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in Oklahoma City, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- How Much is Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)