To save the most money, the best way to find affordable car insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Oklahoma.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like high-risk driving behaviors and a lousy credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover more details to prevent high prices and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Transit Connect insurance in Oklahoma City. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. Oklahoma consumers could pocket as much as $550 a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Oklahoma City is quite easy. Essentially every person who shops for car insurance will more than likely find better rates. Although Oklahoma drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies determine how much to charge because it varies considerably.
Affordable Oklahoma City Ford Transit Connect insurance
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare prices from all the different companies. The fastest way to find competitive Ford Transit Connect insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to go to each insurance agency near you. Doing it all online makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the advice and guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online but buy the policy through an agent. Just keep in mind that comparing more quotes helps you find the best rates. Some companies don’t provide Oklahoma City Transit Connect insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Car insurance analysis for a Ford Transit Connect
The premium information displayed below highlights different insurance prices for Ford Transit Connect models. Learning a little about how insurance quotes are determined can help guide drivers when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Transit Connect XL 2WD||$258||$578||$422||$24||$126||$1,408||$117|
|Transit Connect XLT 2WD||$258||$578||$422||$24||$126||$1,408||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in your specific Oklahoma City location which can lower or raise price quotes noticeably.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Ford Transit Connect insurance costs for each age group. The data is based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Ford Transit Connect insurance rates by age and gender
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford Transit Connect car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance policy discounts for Ford Transit Connect insurance in Oklahoma City
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Discount – Oklahoma City drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to analyze driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below compares Ford Transit Connect car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
To locate insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Oklahoma City, click this link.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Oklahoma City, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Transit Connect, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Local neighborhood Oklahoma City car insurance agents
Many drivers still like to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Oklahoma City who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t even need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is coverage determined by price?
If you would like to find a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies from which to choose. Agents in Oklahoma City can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Oklahoma City who can help you get price quote information.
Claire Faulkner-Truong – State Farm Insurance Agent
840 NW 50th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 787-2626 – View Map
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you include a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Oklahoma City who can help you get price quotes.