Inconceivable but true, almost 70% of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Oklahoma City insurance shoppers could save an average of roughly $550 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates.
To save the most money, the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from providers in Oklahoma City. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, read about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover instructions to get affordable coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the concepts you’re about to learn. Finding and buying the best-priced policy in Oklahoma City is easy to do. Nevertheless, Oklahoma drivers must learn the methods companies use to price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Discount Oklahoma City insurance rates
Some companies don’t always advertise every policy discount very well, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Oklahoma City and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies give discounts for switching policies before your current F-350 insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course in driver safety could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Ford F-350 premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that have these money-saving discounts are:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view insurance companies with significant discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Low cost Oklahoma City Ford F-350 insurance
Many insurance companies give insurance quotes on the web. Comparing prices online for Ford F-350 insurance in Oklahoma City is possible for anyone as you just enter your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system orders information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote based on these and other factors.
Being able to quote online for Ford F-350 insurance in Oklahoma City makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to do this in order to find cheap prices.
To compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter the coverage information as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Ford F-350 insurance rates and statistics
The rate table displayed next highlights detailed analysis of prices for Ford F-350 models. Having a good grasp of how insurance policy rates are determined can be valuable when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$422||$804||$686||$40||$206||$2,158||$180|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$422||$804||$686||$40||$206||$2,158||$180|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$470||$684||$458||$28||$136||$1,776||$148|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$470||$804||$686||$40||$206||$2,206||$184|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$470||$804||$458||$28||$136||$1,896||$158|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$470||$804||$458||$28||$136||$1,896||$158|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$470||$804||$686||$40||$206||$2,206||$184|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$470||$804||$686||$40||$206||$2,206||$184|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$470||$804||$686||$40||$206||$2,206||$184|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$470||$804||$686||$40||$206||$2,206||$184|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$470||$804||$686||$40||$206||$2,206||$184|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$470||$804||$686||$40||$206||$2,206||$184|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$470||$804||$458||$28||$136||$1,896||$158|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$470||$804||$458||$28||$136||$1,896||$158|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$470||$804||$458||$28||$136||$1,896||$158|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$470||$926||$686||$40||$206||$2,328||$194|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$470||$926||$686||$40||$206||$2,328||$194|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$470||$926||$686||$40||$206||$2,328||$194|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$470||$926||$686||$40||$206||$2,328||$194|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$470||$926||$686||$40||$206||$2,328||$194|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$470||$926||$686||$40||$206||$2,328||$194|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$470||$926||$686||$40||$206||$2,328||$194|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$518||$804||$458||$28||$136||$1,944||$162|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$518||$804||$458||$28||$136||$1,944||$162|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$518||$804||$458||$28||$136||$1,944||$162|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$518||$804||$458||$28||$136||$1,944||$162|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$518||$804||$458||$28||$136||$1,944||$162|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$518||$804||$458||$28||$136||$1,944||$162|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$518||$804||$458||$28||$136||$1,944||$162|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$518||$926||$686||$40||$206||$2,376||$198|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$518||$926||$686||$40||$206||$2,376||$198|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$518||$926||$686||$40||$206||$2,376||$198|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$518||$926||$686||$40||$206||$2,376||$198|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$518||$926||$458||$28||$136||$2,066||$172|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$518||$926||$458||$28||$136||$2,066||$172|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$518||$926||$458||$28||$136||$2,066||$172|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$518||$926||$458||$28||$136||$2,066||$172|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$518||$926||$458||$28||$136||$2,066||$172|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$518||$926||$686||$40||$206||$2,376||$198|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$518||$926||$686||$40||$206||$2,376||$198|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$518||$926||$458||$28||$136||$2,066||$172|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$518||$926||$458||$28||$136||$2,066||$172|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can alter price quotes significantly.
Liability only or full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-350 car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford F-350 replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing you more than $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to buying your policy, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Getting quotes from local Oklahoma City auto insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Oklahoma City who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
What type of Oklahoma City auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you want to use a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Oklahoma City exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Kevin Murphy – State Farm Insurance Agent
1707 S Morgan Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73128 – (405) 265-2500 – View Map
- Bob Stockton – State Farm Insurance Agent
4625 N May Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 943-8373 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Gerald Jeter
11723 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 692-2411 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will definitely want to contact independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are Oklahoma City independent agents willing to provide price quotes.
- State Auto Insurance Agency Inc
4717 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73109 – (405) 631-5575 – View Map
- Paul W. Meade Insurance Agency, Inc.
4220 N Classen Blvd – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 524-1541 – View Map
- Professional Insurors Agency, LLC
7301 Broadway Ext – Oklahoma City, OK 73116 – (405) 843-9191 – View Map
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
A few companies do not offer internet price quotes and these regional carriers work with independent agents. Lower-priced Ford F-350 insurance in Oklahoma City can be found both online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices or even high prices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When you buy Oklahoma City auto insurance online, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Electric Cars in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)