Searching for low-cost Volvo XC70 insurance in Oklahoma City? Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Volvo XC70 in Oklahoma can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to make it easier. There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for a Volvo and get the lowest price either online or from Oklahoma City insurance agents.
Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in the U.S. can cut their rates by almost $860 a year, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
Get cheaper Volvo XC70 insurance in Oklahoma City with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be inquired about before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Paper-free Discount – Some companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get cheaper rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could mean lower prices.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a discounted price on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Volvo XC70 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies who may offer most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not apply in every state. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Oklahoma City, click here to view.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Oklahoma. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
The coverage table shown below covers estimates of insurance rates for Volvo XC70 models. Understanding more about how prices are established can help drivers make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC70 3.2 AWD Station Wagon||$322||$510||$522||$30||$156||$1,540||$128|
|XC70 T6 AWD 4-Dr||$322||$588||$522||$30||$156||$1,618||$135|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in Oklahoma City location which can raise or lower insurance rates noticeably.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Volvo XC70 yearly insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower rates. Many things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Annual mileage and car insurance prices – The higher the mileage driven in a year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Autos that have low annual miles receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage. A policy that improperly rates your XC70 is throwing money out the window.
Accidents mean higher premiums – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single ticket can increase rates by twenty percent. People who have careless violations like DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders can influence Volvo XC70 car insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Vehicle risk influences premiums – The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The chart below assumes a married female driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Volvo XC70 car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performances.
Safety ratings are a factor – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Volvo scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
Volvo XC70 statistical loss data – Insurance companies analyze historical claim data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that historically have higher loss trends will cost more to insure. The information below illustrates the loss history for Volvo XC70 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo XC70 Station Wagon 2WD||69|
|Volvo XC70 Station Wagon 4WD||79||70||94||45|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
Many drivers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Oklahoma City who want to provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Oklahoma City should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Which family members are covered?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
The following is a list of car insurance companies in Oklahoma City willing to provide price quote information for Volvo XC70 insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Multi Quote Insurance
2101 SW 71st St – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 604-5999 – View Map
- Professional Insurors Agency, LLC
7301 Broadway Ext – Oklahoma City, OK 73116 – (405) 843-9191 – View Map
- Claire Faulkner-Truong – State Farm Insurance Agent
840 NW 50th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 787-2626 – View Map
- Bigbie, Hensley and Janway Insurance Agency
5532 N Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 235-0036 – View Map
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Volvo XC70 insurance, paying for car insurance is required in Oklahoma but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Volvo with a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volvo at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Volvo XC70 but also your assets. It also can pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to save money.
Oklahoma car insurance companies
Selecting the best company is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Oklahoma. The ranking information displayed below may help you analyze which auto insurance companies to look at buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheaper coverage is out there
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent and not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Lower-priced insurance in Oklahoma City can be bought online and from local agencies, so get free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to buy affordable Volvo XC70 insurance in Oklahoma City
The best way to get budget Volvo XC70 insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Oklahoma City. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Try to learn about how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like speeding and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
One important bit of advice is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)