It’s shocking but the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. With the average premium in Oklahoma being $1,777, drivers can cut their rates by almost $550 a year, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find discount car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers in Oklahoma City. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand policy coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a substandard credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
One bit of advice is to try to use identical coverage information on every quote and to quote with every company you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Save money on Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Oklahoma City with these discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Mirage is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Oklahoma City Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Telematics Data – Oklahoma City drivers who agree to allow their company to monitor driving patterns remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Oklahoma City car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
To locate car insurance companies with discount rates in Oklahoma City, click this link.
Most of the larger companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get prices for coverage from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Oklahoma City is possible for anyone as you just type in your required coverages into the form. Behind the scenes, their system obtains information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information based on these factors.
Quoting online for Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Oklahoma City simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you are searching for a better rate.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Car insurance can be complex
When it comes to choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance is available from local agents
Many people just want to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Oklahoma City.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can write car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with different regional companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Oklahoma City that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
- Lynnae Insurance Group
5119 N Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 217-8851 – View Map
- Anderson Insurance
10325 Greenbriar Pl – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 794-9500 – View Map
- Oklahoma Insurance Center Inc
538 E Memorial Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73114 – (405) 608-4422 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Below are Oklahoma City exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- David Hoffhines – State Farm Insurance Agent
6444 Northwest Expy #450 – Oklahoma City, OK 73132 – (405) 787-1111 – View Map
- Ken Shelton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10901 S Western Ave a – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 378-0407 – View Map
- Mai McCoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
2800 N Classen Blvd #105 – Oklahoma City, OK 73106 – (405) 524-3327 – View Map
Deciding on a insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Oklahoma City should be willing to answer these questions.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
Best auto insurance company in Oklahoma
Picking a good quality insurer is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Oklahoma. The company ratings in the lists below could help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
More effort can pay off
Cost effective Mitsubishi Mirage insurance is possible from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Oklahoma City, so get free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and these regional carriers work with independent agents.
We covered some good ideas how you can shop for Mitsubishi Mirage insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Mitsubishi Mirage insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)