Shockingly, a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Oklahoma City insurance shoppers could save themselves approximately $550 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
The recommended way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to compare prices regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Oklahoma. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a negative credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new carrier. Immediately safely store the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One tip to remember is to try to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
When comparison shopping, comparing more rates from different companies will enable you to find the best price.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Oklahoma. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discount Oklahoma City car insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the best known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Hyundai could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a course teaching defensive driver skills can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Organization Discounts – Joining a qualifying organization could trigger savings when getting a Oklahoma City car insurance quote.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Renewal Discounts – Select car insurance companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current Sonata Hybrid insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy digitally online.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Auto insurance companies that may include some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
If you need the cheapest Hyundai Sonata Hybrid rate quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to view car insurance companies who offer cheap Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance quotes in Oklahoma, click this link.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the factors that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Bundle policies with the same company – The majority of companies afford a discount to clients that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Marriage discount – Walking down the aisle may save some money on your policy. Having a significant other translates into being less irresponsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Cheaper to insure women? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females have auto accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males cause the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Costs impacted by vehicle usage – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that have low annual miles cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. A policy that improperly rates your Sonata Hybrid may be costing you.
- Good credit scores equal low prices – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings. If your credit can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Hyundai Sonata Hybrid if you improve your credit rating.
- Liability protection safeguards assets – Liability insurance kicks in if ever you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Hyundai Sonata Hybrid has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
Insurance losses for a Hyundai Sonata Hybrid – Car insurance companies use past insurance losses in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher premium rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Hyundai Sonata Hybrid vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 142 116 119 124 138 121BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Oklahoma City who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to you. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What companies can they write with?
The difference between Oklahoma City auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a local Oklahoma City insurance agency, there are two different agency structures that you can select. Auto insurance agents are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Oklahoma City willing to provide price quotes.
Claire Faulkner-Truong – State Farm Insurance Agent
840 NW 50th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 787-2626 – View Map
Mike Earles – State Farm Insurance Agent
12220 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 691-1115 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to include price quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Oklahoma City that can give you price quotes.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Does my Hyundai Sonata Hybrid qualify for pleasure use?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- What are good deductibles for a Hyundai Sonata Hybrid?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
We just showed you a lot of information how to shop for Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Oklahoma City car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest auto insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, high prices, not issuing a premium refund or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Cheaper Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance in Oklahoma City is definitely available on the web and with local Oklahoma City insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide online quoting and usually these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)